Part Seven

Mama made the usual, pancakes and toast. it's a weird combination but if I complain i get a talk about how there are starving kids in the world. It would taste better if mama wouldn't burn the pancakes...

"So Averi, want to tell me more about that dream you had?" mama asked me while she was doing the dishes. "mama it wasn't a dream!" "then how do you go from being so disrespectful about our faith that you know i love so much to suddenly you see Jesus last night?" Mama said turning towards me.

"Mama i'm telling you the truth! We saw glass displays and he didn't have enough time to tell me the story because it was getting late and he didn't want to wake you up bringing me home." I said getting up from the table. "you know honey it's not funny to make up stories about our faith" mama said to me with firmness in her voice.

"but mama-" "how about you go to your room and pick up all those dirty clothes and your shoes and stop making up silly stories for attention. your making mama have to go to confession for the things i've told you this morning!" Mama said turning away from me.

I stormed away and went to my room i closed my door and put my clothes in my hamper. I threw my shoes behind the door.

why doesn't mama believe me. She believes in our faith as if she is Jesus herself, and she wants to tell me i'm making up stories? I need to prove to mama that this is real. I did see Jesus. Jesus came to me last night.

He chose me out of all people to visit, he chose me. Well maybe because i was disrespectful and didn't take my faith seriously but that's beside the point.

I know what I saw and I know what happened. I just need to figure out a way to ask Jesus to come back.

I need to know the stories about the displays. The crown ... the crown of thorns! I need to know about the crown of thorns.