On the way home, they stopped in the woods and buried their bloody clothes, the crowbar and went home. For months they kept the belongings they had stolen hidden and kept up with the case and thought they had got away with it. It was only when the taller man tried to sell some of the jewellery that he was caught. They were both arrested and soon found themselves in court, for the murders of the family. it was then they found out there was another son who survived but they didn't care. The court case went on for months and in the end, the tall man was found guilty of murder and sentenced to life in prison, while the other man was let off. It only came to light that when they were in court that his paperwork had been filled out wrong and so he couldn't be tried for murder and was let off. He was given a new name; he was no longer Lee Bedford and was now Dean Doyle. He had a new life and found a new job and was soon married and had his daughter. He soon forgot about that terrible night he had left behind.

"Dad that show was terrible, thank you for wasting my Saturday night," Kara said to her father as they entered their home.

Dean Doyle was given tickets by his business partner for him and his family to attend.

"Well, you know David's daughter was in the play and wrote it, so I had to go. We don't go out much as a family anymore so I thought you would like it." Dean told his daughter, trying his best not to annoy his daughter.

"Lay off you father Kara, you know how we all have to do what we can to help him with his business."

Dean felt like he was in one of the best positions of his life. He has a big home, a business with multiple locations and strands. He owns three different cars, including a sports car and can holiday wherever and whenever he likes. Growing up he never thought he would be in the position he is in; he grew up with nothing but after that dreadful night, he turned his life around and became wealthier than he thought was possible. A lot of his success he owed to his business partner Keith who together put their money to start their first business in importing and exporting before moving into property and car sales.

Smiling John dropped his keys on the table in the hallway and hung his suit jacket in the understairs cupboard and feeling tired rubbed his hands walked into the kitchen. Picking up a glass he poured himself a whiskey before he noticed something was out of place. There was a dirty glass next to the bottle. He hadn't had a drink in days so noticed the glass was out of place. Picking it up he ran his finger in the bottom and noticed that there was some liquid left in the bottom, smelling it, he knew it was his top-shelf whiskey. The whiskey he rarely drunk and kept for special meetings and occasions, yet there was a dirty glass that showed someone had been drinking it. Kara, he thought, he didn't mind her drinking but not his expensive stuff. He opened his mouth to shout for Kara when he heard his wife shouting.

"John! John get in here now." John's wife Gina shouted it.

Confused John poured himself some more whiskey and walked through his house with his glass in hand. Pushing open the door he was shocked to see his wife and daughter sat together and both crying. It was only when he opened the door more he saw why. Standing in front of him was a man holding a shotgun pointed at his wife and daughter. The man was huge, standing about six foot two and outweighing him by at least four stones in muscle. He had short brown hair and looked very nervous. He was holding the gun with both hands and had it pointed dead centre at Kara's head.

"There's the main man himself. Mr John Doyle, businessman, father, and murderer." The man bitterly said, taking John and his family by surprise. He paused and studied John's facial expression, getting the reaction he wanted. He knew he had the right person. "I knew it was you, I just knew it! It had taken me eight years to track you down, eight years! It was only when I saw you in the newspaper last month, I found you. I would never forget your face; how could I forget your face! Ha!"