I am such a bad friend.

I am a bad person in general.

I felt like shit. The time I spend with Tessa definitely made me feel good, but at what cost? I was "using her", keeping her secret from my best friends, my family and all the frustration made me snap at them and that made me feel even more guilty and shitty.

"Goodnight" He said when we reached my apartment and I said it back leaving the car.

It was a little before 6 in the morning when I got to my apartment. I wondered if Tessa was still asleep.

I took a shower and got in bed, but I couldn't fall asleep. I kept thinking of how comfortable Tessa's bed was. How nice and sweet the scent was. How warm her presence made it. I was really careful and didn't even get close to her. I didn't want to touch her and make her feel uncomfortable. Thankfully, I don't toss and turn a lot in my sleep, so I stayed on my side.

Yes, I sleep like the dead.

I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep playing out today in my head.

I woke up the next morning a little later than usual. I checked my phone to see a text from Tessa and one from Ares.

Tessa

Why did you leave without telling me? I wanted to say goodbye to you.

I smiled at the text. It was so sweet of her to want to say goodbye to me.

Me

I didn't want to wake you up.

I wondered if I would see her today. I really wanted to spend more time with her, but I had to focus on my work too. Things have been pretty low with work lately.

Should I got see her after she's done with school?

No, she'll probably think I'm clingy.

I was making breakfast when I heard my phone ringing. I decided to ignore it since I knew I didn't have anything to do today and this was probably Nate trying to annoy me today, but it wouldn't stop ringing.

I picked it up after seeing it was Ares who was calling me.

Shit.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Come here. Now" He said.

He seemed to be in a hurry and really upset so I just said "Okay" and hung up.

I got ready quickly and got my car keys and my phone.

I was really worried about what could've happened that got Ares so upset. He wasn't usually like this unless something really bad happened.

Did he find out about Tessa? I hope not.

When I arrived I ran up to Ares' office to see him with his hands covering his face and his elbows resting on the desk as he sat on his leather chair.

"What is it?" I asked.

Please don't tell me you found out about her.

"Do you have any information on those losers' boss already?" He asked.

"No"

"Well someone randomly attacked some of our men today. Thankfully they weren't really hurt" He said.

"Did they manage to catch any of them before they got away?" I asked.

Maybe I could use them to learn more about their boss. Maybe I didn't have to use Tessa.