Thirteenth

(Note : Just warning this chapter is bit lengthy )

Ajinkya's Pov

It has been one week since I got to know that Ro tried informing me about uncle's health and it's also one week to Ro telling me that I shouldn't feel guilty or blame myself for not being there for him , I still remember first time he called me that day late at night telling me " Ajju you should na stay away from Virat or we should do something about his overthinking disease which is spreading now-a-days at high speed and everyone is getting infected by it." saying this he laughed and when he didn't got any reaction from me he further added " I know Ajju you feel guilty but trust me you should not feel guilty or overthink about it , I don't have any hard feelings I swear and if you want to redeem yourself then you can make sure that team is not angry on me when they call me next time " saying this he did manage to make  me laugh at last and he still does try everyday to lessen my guilt. I know my sad and gloomy behaviour was not hidden from team and it only took virat a day to question my behaviour and  it was just the next day.

Flashback

Ind had won the last match of Odi series and finally team was happy about being back in Winning spirit. While everyone was in mood to  celebrate , but I couldn't stop thinking about all ' what if ' like what if I had received Ro's call that day then I would have known about uncle's health and I could have been for him or what if I had asked Rishabh why he came suddenly searching me then he might have told me about Ro's call. My mind was running in all directions when Virat came and tried pulling me towards teams celebration. I stayed there bit trying to mask my emotions but I couldn't stay there much  so I went to terrace so I can be alone for sometimes.

I was just staring out at sky when again my mind decided to remind me how a useless bestfriend I'm because when Ro needed me most , I was not there to support him and even when he was facing trouble with selectors he still kept quiet but made sure I was supporting Virat here when even he needed me . It breaks my heart to core knowing that my best friend, the one whom I call my brother from another mother, my soul brother was suffering so much , he was going through so much and here I was unaware of, I was not there for him. I was not there for him when he needed me the most.

Kesa dost Hu re Yaar mai, kassh me Jaan pata , that Ro was going through so much and he was fighting alone but never showed it in front of team nor I never paid any heed to it., How can I be so much ignorant regarding someone who has always been there for me whenever I needed him. I failed as a best friend.

Third persons pov :

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realize that he had company. Untill that person decided to make his presence known and saying " Jinks you okay ? I have noticed something is bothering you. What happened Jinks "

Still in his daze Jinks turns and see the person and hug him saying " I'm bad brother Vi , I'm such a bad brother and bestfriend that when he needed me most I wasn't there."

Virat was confused , about whom Jinks is talking. So rubbing Jinks back he asked " Who needed you Jinks, what are you talking "

"Ro , he tried calling me to inform about uncle's health and I was busy in meeting with you and later I didn't even call him back  , he was alone going through everything" Jinks was rambling.

For first time Virat was clueless as to what he can say to Jinks . As he himself was going through rough patch with Ro. And now to see Jinks this broken was crushing his heart more.

And before he could say anything someone else spoke from behind saying " Bhaiya was right , Jinks Bhaiya you are still stuck there , you know Jinks Bhaiya you will make me lose my b'day gift."