10• |Playing it safe?|

Comenzar desde el principio

"You have Shawn and Sareena. Hell, you even have my family. Just in case you haven't noticed, my family loves you as if you have been a part of us for years." Nandini pointed out with a silly grin.

"That is true. Thanks for bearing with me and letting me be a part of your life." Jeanette said, feeling a little emotional about many things.

"What has gotten into you? This isn't my Jen. Jen is never so serious about anything. She's a carefree soul." Nandini remarked which made Jeanette smack her playfully.

"Also, your mother might be a terrible person but she makes the world's best Kadai Paneer (A curry containing cottage cheese)." Nandini commented as she licked her fingers clean.

"Agreed! One thing that she's good at is making food. I would tell her that a professional chef loves her cooking but let's face it, it would simply boost her ego. And she's got a lot of that as it is." Jeanette said making Nandini giggle.

"It's 2 am. We should sleep. You have office tomorrow and I have to get up early to finish my designs." Nandini suggested, once she washed her plate and put it on the rack. Jeanette was yawning already so she nodded in agreement, promptly. Soon, both the girls retired into their respective rooms and called it a night.

-------

"Hello! What's up?" Nandini spoke out loud as she answered her phone which was connected to the audio system of her car via Bluetooth

"Hello! What's up?" Nandini spoke out loud as she answered her phone which was connected to the audio system of her car via Bluetooth. She was driving to ROB for her shift.

"I need a favour from you, my dear old friend." Nandini heard Manik's voice from the speakers of her Volkswagen T-Roc.

"Uh-huh? Lay it on me." Nandini answered with a playful glint. Were they already there? Asking for help from one another and helping each other out. He did not sound hesitant to her while asking for a favour so she concluded that he definitely felt very comfortable around her than she did, around him. She would be more than happy to change it soon.

"I'm meeting a couple of designers to interview them but my office isn't ready and neither am I feeling confident to take interviews. Sameer has made it clear that he would not interfere in these things because, apparently, HR is not his cup of tea. I know that you're great at this because you've been the freaking GS of our college for two years. Please help me interview these guys and also suggest a place where I could conduct these meetings?" Manik spoke in a go.

"Too much information to take in at once but I got the gist of your issue. About where you could conduct these meetings, Dhruv rents out his studio on hourly basis when he isn't taking classes so you could inquire him about time slots and the price. His studio is basically an empty space with a great view. You can put up some tables and chairs and you'd be good to go." Nandini said, suggestively. This woman had a great presence of mind. Manik was impressed at how quickly she came up with a solution. A thought occurred to him that had she come to Bangalore to work like they had planned out, by now they might be doing this together as business partners. He did realize that this thought was a rubbish one so he pushed it out of his head, speedily.