5

Time skip to when they accept their scholarships to Eden Hall:

Coach was starting to give his speech. "Thank you. It's a great honor to be here today to introduce you to a truly great group of kids. Sure, they can be a little rambunctious. They've run me ragged and played more than their fair share of pranks. I still haven't forgotten about those eggs. But I hung in there, and they hung in there for me. We became the Quack Attack, the Flying 'V' and the Bash Brothers. I've never had a better time. These kids are winners, each and every one of them. But more than that, these are good people. I hope that they enrich and enliven your school and your lives the way they have mine. Now I hand you over to the capable hands of my old biology teacher and the current headmaster of Eden Hall, Dean Buckley. Dean." We all clapped after his speech. "Gordon Bombay has a lot to be proud of. We are happy to welcome the Ducks to our great educational institution. So, today it gives me great pleasure to award you these full athletic scholarships to the Eden Hall Academy. Where we home the Ducks will be happy Warriors and lead us on to glory and divisional championships." Dean finishes up. We were all wearing our Ducks jerseys over either a dress or suit. I was standing next to Charlie and I hugged him. After everyone clapped Bombay pulled Charlie aside. "I'll talk to you later babe." Charlie says as he walks off. I smile and I talk to Julie. "Oh my gosh! Are you excited?!" I ask Julie. "Obviously! What about you?" She asks. "Super Excited. I can't wait to see the science lab." Me and Julie talk for a bit and after about 30 minutes Charlie comes storming back. I stop him "Hey what's wrong?" I ask him. "Come with me." He tells and leads me away from the rest of the Ducks. "Bombay is leaving to go coach another team and we are stuck with Coach Orion." He says. I could tell Charlie was upset. "It's gonna be okay. I know we all loved Coach Bombay but maybe it's for the better babe. " I responded by cupping his face and kissing him. It was really hard to kiss him now. He was almost 6 feet tall. I was only 5'5. "Thanks Vi. You always find a way to make me happy again. " He smiles. I smile back at him. "Oh and by the way, Happy 5 month Anniversary Vi." He says hugging me. "Happy 5 month Anniversary loverboy." I smile. We walk back to where the rest of the ducks are. After a bit we all get assigned dorms. The dorms were separated by genders. Luckily I shared a dorm with Julie and Connie. Charlie shared a dorm with Banks, Germaine, and Luis. I unpacked and I was excited since tomorrow was our first day. I wanted to make a good impression so I was gonna wear a dress. I mean it was just one day. I was very nervous. I went to bed early that night trying to get a good night's rest. At 6 am the next morning I took a shower and got ready for the school day. At the end of the day I felt pretty. I grabbed my backpack with all my things in it, took a deep breathe and made my way to my first class. Me and Charlie had English and Science together, but that was it.! Me, Julie, Russ, Dwayne, Ken and Luis were the first ducks in the building. We were looking around since we would be staying here. "You know, I think this place is running very low on the brothers quotient." Russ says. "Yeah. Hey, I want to know who this new Coach Orion is." Julie responds. "Our dad said that if we didn't like him, we could come right home." I add. "That's nice. My dad said I better stay in on scholarship or he'll whip my butt." Russ says. I laughed at his comment. "You know, I heard in the dorm that the guy played for the Minnesota North Stars and got suspended for punching out his own coach." Ken says. "You mean the Dallas Stars. I heard he punched out a fan." Dwayne responds. "I heard he was a Buddhist. You know, like Kung Fu or Richard Gere." Julie adds. "Kung Fu wasn't a Buddhist. He was a Trappist monk." I tell Julie. "Are you talking about the old Kung Fu or the Further Adventures of the New Kung Fu?" Russ asks. "Y'all watch too much TV." Dwayne says. "Shoot, that's the safest thing to do in my hood." Russ jokes.

~Charlie's POV~

My mom drove to our apartments where I was meeting Fulton. "Watch it, Mom. You might get...hit." I tell her in caution but he still get hit. I sigh "Don't worry about me, Mom. You're right. As long as I have the Ducks, I should be able to handle this new school." I say while getting out of the car. "That's my boy." My mom says as I close the door to the car. I start walking to where Fulton is, shooting. "Hey, Fulton, you ever think about shooting back into the alley and not the street?" I ask. "Not really." He responds. He shoots again and hits a cat. "I just found out Portman isn't coming. He's staying in Chicago. How uncool is that?" Fulton says, sounding disappointed. "No, you got to be kidding me." I say disappointed as well. "He found out Bombay bailed, and he bailed too." Fulton adds. "What good is one Bash Brother? I mean, what am I now, Mr.Bash? The Bashman?" Fulton questions himself. He shoots another puck and it hits Goldberg. "Ow! Hey, watch it, please! That hurt." He shouts out. "Sorry, Goldberg." Fulton apologizes. "Oh, no problem, guys. Life isn't bad enough, I gotta worry about being nailed off the ice too. Why am I always getting shot at?" He sarcastically questions. "You're a goalie, dude. Deal." Fulton answers. "Well put. Thanks, Fulton. Real sensitive." Goldberg adds sarcastically. "You're welcome." Fulton answers clearly not understanding the sarcasm. "Well, let's go. We wouldn't want to keep the preppy snobs waiting." I say.