"Now, Kiss"

"WAKE UP KAI!" was the first thing Kai heard after being unfortunately interrupted by a sweet dream involving a certain someone. He was awake now, with a 100-pound pillow being tossed onto his head. Groaning, he flipped to his other side, squeezing his eyes shut as if that would make the tiny monster go away.

"KAI WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!" Nainsi yelled. She threw another pillow at him and when he didn't show any signs of stopping, she yanked the cover out. Thank the stars for sheets.

"Stars, what time is it?" Kai managed to ask. Knowing his family it was probably five in the morning.

"Seven-thirty, " he groaned again. It was way too early to get out of bed. Plus, the school didn't start until eight-thirty so they were very much not late. He tucked his head in the pillow and wished for his sister to magically vanish away into whatever drama she obsessed with now.

"KAI! GET OUT THE BED RIGHT NOW!" Kai turned his head to glare at her. She glared right back.

"You know Cinder gets up super early for whatever reason. That's something you two can get along with, " instead of rolling her eyes like she usually did when Kai talked about Cinder, Nainsi's lips formed into a coy smile.

He cursed.

She somehow smiled even further and cocked her head, "Got any plans with her tonight?"

He could feel his ears turn red, and he tried to kill her on the spot with his eyes. His little sister took the smart choice and sprinted out of his room with Kai on her heels.

She screamed as he followed her down the stairs into the kitchen, seeking refuge next to their father's chair. Kai could tell he was annoyed by the posture he was in and the way he took another sip of his coffee.

Nainsi shot Kai a smug smile that he wished to wipe off her face, "are you gonna wear pajamas to school, Kaito?"

"I'm going to kill you."

"Ah, yes, but then you'll spend the rest of your life in jail and will never see your precious Cinder again."

He glared at her once more and left to go change. When he came back, the aroma of fried eggs was so strong that it filled the whole house.

His father was humming a tune while seasoning the eggs with pepper, now in a less annoyed mood. There were two plates on the kitchen counter already equipped with breakfast. Nainsi rebelliously made cereal instead of eating eggs. Kai, on the other hand, was grateful for the free breakfast.

He sat grabbed a ate and sat at the barstool, preparing to dig into his meal. Dad wanted to make small talk instead, "Good morning, son, and you're welcome for the delicious breakfast that I so graciously made for my marvelous kids."

"Good morning, father, and us marvelous kids are so grateful for this delicious meal that makes caught us by surprise. But unfortunately, one of your children prefers Lucky Charms to you're amazing breakfast, " Kai responded after swallowing his first bite of eggs.

Nainsi looked up from her cereal, "that's because I don't like eggs, they're disgusting."

"You don't like anything, " she stuck her tongue out. Kai picked up his plate and placed it in the sink. Unsurprisingly, he was still hungry, so he went to see what was in the fridge.

"Kai, why don't you ever want up early?" his father asked.

"Um, because-"

"Because he's up all night thinking about making out with Cinder in the back of her BMW, " the little monster interrupted before he could continue. He grabbed a tomato and slammed the fridge shut.