Exhausted

Aghhh, I know I haven't been updating this fic regularly but that's because I lost some inspiration, but no worries! I now have lots of ideas that I plan to use so stay tuned! 

The dress didn't look right on Cinder. It was a deep shade of blue, like navy, and reached to her feet with silk straps on her shoulders. She was glad there wasn't much of a neckline since there wasn't anything to show. The front was riddled with dark blue gems. Overall, the dress was very comfortable and flexible, but it didn't look right when she stared at it from the mirror. Iko said it looked wonderful, Tressa agreed, and Kai said she looked stunning. But still, something was not right. Maybe it was because she hated wearing dresses.

An automated voice asked for permission to enter. Cinder accepted and began to pick up her mess.

"Hey Cinder, it's time for jewelry!" Iko singsonged while walking in, bringing a chair.

"Can you put it on quick this time? I'm going to be late," Cinder replied, reluctantly sitting down in the chair Iko brought.

"The later the better. If you come late, all the attention will be on you and you will be the star of the ball. All eyes on you, what a dream," Iko pulled a drawer open near the sink and pulled out a gold necklace with a small sapphire gem, "Oh isn't it beautiful? I was going to give it to you for your next birthday, but I couldn't wait that long."

"Iko, do you have the ring?" the android nodded and pulled out Cinder's engagement ring from her pocket, "Thanks."

She stared at Cinder accusingly for a little bit, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Why?"

"You look like something terrible is going to happen tonight- oh wait, I know!" she smiled wickedly, "You're nervous."

"I am a little bit. Because this time I'm being announced as Kai's fiancee instead of personal guest or Queen of Luna slash girlfriend," Cinder fiddled with her gown. 

"You've done this twice already, how is this one going to be any worse? C'mon! We're late!" Iko grabbed her arm and paraded out of the door, "I really wish that you and Kai were introduced together like last time."

"Weren't you the one who wanted us to have glorious introductions?"

"Yeah... But it would have been so cute with you guys together, the Emperor and his future Empress! Wait, do people call you 'Your Future Majesty'" Iko made air quotes on the last line.

"Don't give them ideas."

"Ooooh, we're here! Me first!" her eccentric blue-haired friend paraded behind the line of other special guests waiting to be introduced. Cinder was surprised to hear Scarlet's name be called; she thought Scarlet left early for the ball. She must have been sidetracked or something. 

When Iko was introduced, Cinder felt a rush of butterflies fly through her stomach in waves. This was the most nervous she'd been, and that's including the time she was a drenched mess trying to save Kai from a fatal marriage.

She was the last of the long line, just how Iko wanted. She forced herself to take a breath as they called out her title. 

Cinder found it a bit annoying that everyone who rushed to greet her still called her by 'Your Majesty'. She was growing tired of correcting them. Her friends rushed to be with her and catch up on things. Overall she had fun and had no idea why she was nervous. Kai and Cinder danced for three songs before Iko came to steal her for a quick makeup fix. She then danced with Thorne, Wolf, and Jacin. It was really nice.

At the end of the night, after the Annual Peace Ball was finished, she felt like collapsing on her bed. Of course, that was exactly what she did before Iko came once again to put away the dress. The android didn't want it to wrinkle. 

Cinder lazily put on a shirt and sweats that were sleep worthy and made her way to Kai's room. This time when she collapsed, no one interrupted her.

"Long day, love?" Kai asked.

"Hmph" she muffled under the pillow. She heard him move towards her to hold her.

"Yeah, me too. Next time let's not stay up all might discussing whether you should wear socks to bed."

She chuckled and raised her head to speak, "Next time don't wear socks to bed, it's so weird," Cinder noticed the bags under his eyes. Kai honestly looked more exhausted than she was.

"You look so bad," she shifted so that her head was turned on the pillow and looked at Kai, "Did you do anything tiring today?"

He considered while closing his eyes. Cinder swore that he was falling asleep, "Kai?" she poked him with her toe.

"Mmm, I haven't been sleeping well, to be honest," he peeled open his eyes and she was mesmerized by the copper-brown. 

"Then I should let you sleep instead of running my mouth."

"No, no, I want to hear you talk and to cuddle with you," he words came out very slow like it was hard to say each syllable.

"No, Kai, you're very tired, you need to rest. You can barely keep your eyes open. Here," Cinder pulled her own aching body up and got out the bed. Kai whined when she left his grasp. She opened the sheets as far as she could and pointed at it, "climb in so you can be more comfortable. I'll help you."

"I'm not that tired, love."

"Trust me, you are. Now get it in so we can both sleep," she argued softly.

"Ok," he crawled into the sheets and settled down. Cinder climbed in until he was holding her in his arms and placed her head comfortably on his chest. 

"Yeah, I am very tired," admitted Kai. She chuckled. Time passed by just them enjoying each others warmth and presence. It wasn't until his breaths became more relaxed she realized that he fell asleep. 

Cinder laughed silently. He was always the first one to sleep out of the two and she found it somewhat hilarious. For no particular reason. She then found herself falling out of consciousness, and she let herself dive into the depths of sleep. Excited that she'll wake up in his arms and have another full day with the love of her life.

Okay, half of this was not even kaider but its ok. I just wanted a reason for Cinder to be tired (that's why she didn't feel right). 
Please comment and vote and if you have any prompts/requests never be afraid to ask!
Have a good day and be safe!

-Angie