Chapter 15: A Human's Worst Enemy

People say whispers and secrets are a human’s worst enemy. Can pain, worry and love be a human’s worst enemy as well? The voice of a male, then 2 other females and a couple more people are coming through one ear and leaving the other. I flutter my eyes to the bright light hitting my face. I try to cover my face with a bright light but, it was removed right away. Putting my hand down gently. Jake was standing in front of me with a huge frown and a sense of worry and fear in his eye. I try my best to get up but, my ribs cause a huge amount of pain that I scream at the process and crying.

“It hurts. Jake. My chest, my ribs are hurting me. Make it stop.” Tears rolling down both of our cheeks. Jake crying at the scene he was looking at me. The image of me suffering and me for one, crying from the pain and seeing the fear built up in his eyes.

“I am so sorry my Alex. I will call help.” Running off out of the room and into the other. An old but, healthy looking man entered the room and looking at me with such worry.

“Alex. This is my grandfather. He has the cure to heal those... The broken ribs you’re father gave to you which I might add has as well and might be in the hospital begging for mercy.” He uttered. I gave him a weak smile but he saw my struggle. He sat beside me and played with my hair trying to sooth me down.

“Here young one. Take this herbal syrup. I promise you it will heal those bones of your.” I tasted the syrup and spat it out right away.

“This tastes like blood” wiping it off from my face.

“That is because it is. It is wolf blood. Wolf blood heals any injury or cut.” I look at Jake and see a bandage covering his arm. I smile at his generosity. I finish the dose with a disgusted face.

“Thank you Mr. Wilson.” I nodded with a genuine smile.

“Anything for my grandson’s mate.” He smiled leaving the room to me and him alone.

“Look Jake. I know I caused a lot of trouble for you. I-uh. I just needed some space and time to think about what I saw the other night. I was shocked, scared, terrified, mad, angry, betrayed, and a bunch of other confused and messed up emotions. I was lost. I couldn’t think straight about what I just saw and what was going to happen. I got drunk. I met him. And then I thought that if I did agree to be being yours and only yours for the rest of my life I would never regret it because you are my one and only Jake. If you be my mate and ask me ever again. I will kiss you back and ask you to be my mate. Jake Wilson.” I kissed him with passionate and with no regret and love that could not count how much my emotions were and my heart bursting out of my chest with such speed I couldn’t keep track.

“Be my mate.” I smirked.

“You are something all right Alex. I can’t be any happier than I am right now. To answer your question. I will be your mate if you promise to be mine forever until our death’s. I see a future with you Alex and I see our children growing up into beautiful people. Be mine Alex Wilson. Hey, that actually fits.” He smirked without letting me speak and kissed me on the lips. I moved on top of him and my ribs not even hurting at all.

“Your grandfather is such a generous man.” I smirked leaving trails down his neck.

“I love you mate.” I whispered in his ear.

“I love you too my beautiful and wonderful mate.” He whispered into my ear with much more passion. After those utterances, we were lost in each other’s world with nothing to bother us.