Chapter 8

Yongsun blinked slowly at the man in front of her. It had been nearly ten years but he still looked like the handsome teacher she could remember. He was in his late thirties now, his dark hair still sat perfectly and his dark brown eyes still had that youthful look about them. She could remember him well.

"It's good to see you Yongsun," he said. "You look great," he added as he let his eyes wander over her. He opened his arms in a hugging gesture and she took a step back, tightening her grip on the front door. She wanted to slam it in his face and never see him for another eight years. He smelled strange, like disinfectant and antiseptic solution.

"Paul," she said as she continued to blink slowly at him. "What are you doing at my house?"

He laughed at her. Letting his arms swing around his sides. Now this was fucked up. She wanted to call Moonbyul.

"I heard about Raffy. I just never saw that one coming."

Raffy. She still couldn't get her head around that one. Sure he'd been a pain in her ass at school and was never one of the most popular teachers but still, she'd never have expected that kind of depravity from him. Three women were dead, she didn't hold out much hope for Amy Ireland either.

She attempted to close the door, but he jammed his foot in it and leaned against the outside of the door frame. She had a feeling this was all wrong, this wasn't supposed to be happening. He shouldn't be there at her front door.

"How did you find my address?" she stuttered as her hand gripped a hold of the door handle. She couldn't see them but she could tell that her knuckles were white.

"You can find anything online nowadays Yongsun, you should know that doing the job you do." He glanced over his shoulders quickly, as if assessing the situation, before his eyes landed back on her again. "It was hard for me after you left the Drama Club, I left you messages and everything. I even tried to get you out of classes. You never responded."

"I was seventeen."

He shrugged casually, as if it didn't matter. It didn't anymore, she had mostly forgotten about it. It wasn't something that was ever mentioned by her, she had been embarrassed years ago. But it wasn't her fault, she knew that then, she still did now.

"I thought we had something."

He leaned further into the door, his expression serious. His eyes were glazed with something Yongsun couldn't pin point. She wanted to jam his neck in it. She ran her hand through her hair, not because it was needed, but because it was something to do.

"How could you possibly think that Paul? You kissed me and I shoved you away and then you kissed me again when I said no. I shoved you away again, and I haven't spoken to you since. You don't know me anymore."

She kept quiet about seeing him the previous month when she had been back at the school. She had a bad feeling about this whole thing.

"I have to go," she said as she attempted to shut the door again, this time his foot jammed in further. He was inching slowly closer to her with every passing second.

She looked from his foot back up to his dark eyes, his face wore a vicious grin. Like the Joker from Batman. And that's when it hit her. The smell, his smell. It wasn't disinfectant or antiseptic solution it was bleach. She was pretty sure that the same bleach coated her boots upstairs, the boots that she had worn to the Anna Thomas' crime scene.

"I wouldn't shut the door on me if I was you Yongsun."

- x -

Wheein sat in the police cruiser flicking through one of the High School yearbooks that she had picked up from a shelf in Martin McDaniel's living room. Moonbyul had a hunch about Raffy's and she knew better than to argue with her best friend. She turned the page to be met by a now familiar face.