"Well...she's Nance," Derek dismissed with a wave of his hand.

"Be nice," Emma warned. "And from what I gather, we may be throwing a wedding soon."

Derek raised his eyebrows. "Kath thinks she's getting engaged before we even meet the guy?" he asked.

"You're going to meet him shortly," Emma replied. "And I trust that you will be on your best behavior."

Derek rolled his eyes and Meredith giggled as she reached around him to grab a cookie. "I'll make sure he's good," she said.

"Thank you, Meredith," Emma rolled her eyes. "He's spent too much time with his father for his own good."

"Dad says it's good that I listen to him," Derek said. "Since no one else does."

Before Emma could respond, the door opened and Kathleen burst in, dragging a tall redhead behind her. "Hi everyone," she exclaimed, hugging Emma tightly. When she pulled back, her hand found Chris's and she said proudly, "Everyone, this is Chris Kelly. Chris, this my mom, Emma, my brother Derek, his girlfriend Meredith, his best friend Mark, and my sisters, Elizabeth and Caitlin."

"Nice to meet you," Chris nodded, glancing from face to face.

"Don't worry, dear, no one expects you to know everyone right away," Emma laughed as she stepped forward. "I'm so glad to meet you."

"You too, Mrs. Shepherd," Chris smiled.

"Oh, Emma, please," she said with a smile. "Derek, Meredith, why don't you two bring your bags upstairs and help get Kathleen and Chris settled in?"

Derek frowned, but Meredith kicked his shin before she turned to smile at Kathleen. "It's good to see you again, Kath," she said with a smile. "And it's nice to meet you, Chris."

"Thanks," Kathleen said, leaning in to hug Meredith. "What's wrong with Der?"

Meredith rolled her eyes. "He's just being a baby," she replied. "Come on, I'll help you bring your stuff up."

"I'm coming too," Derek insisted, standing and walking over to them. "Hey Kath."

"Hi Derbear," she whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Be nice," she whispered.

Derek pulled back and looked at Chris for a moment before he offered him his hand. "Derek Shepherd."

"Nice to meet you," Chris nodded, giving his hand a firm shake.

"Hurt her and I kill you," Derek said firmly.

"Derek," Meredith and Kathleen groaned at the same time.

"I'm just saying," Derek defended himself. "It's nothing to do with you. She's my sister."

"I get it," Chris nodded. "I have a little sister, and when she starts bringing boys home, I do the same thing."

"See?" Derek said shooting Meredith and Kathleen a smug look. "He gets it."

Meredith rolled her eyes. "Whatever," she said as she moved forward to giggle with Kathleen as they made their way towards the stairs.

"Ah, I see you boys have met Chris," Michael said as he walked into the kitchen and smiled widely at Mark and Derek. "He's going to come down to the lake with me tomorrow morning. What do you guys think?"

"Tomorrow's Christmas Eve," Derek frowned.

"So?" Michael shrugged. "We leave early enough so we won't miss anything."

"And most of the Christmas Eve stuff is at night anyway," Mark nodded. "I'm in."

"Sure," Derek nodded.

"Good," Michael nodded. "Where's Meredith?"

Derek rolled his eyes. "She went upstairs with Kath," he replied. "And I'm starting to think the only reason I'm welcome in this house is because I bring Meredith with me."

Michael laughed. "You know that's not true," he said, throwing an arm around Derek. "You're my only son. I am glad you bring Meredith home though. She's one special girl."

"I know," Derek nodded. "Believe me, I know."

"Derek!" Meredith's giggle floated down the stairs. "You have to come see this!"

Derek laughed as he moved towards the stairs. "I'm being called," he said as he excused himself from the kitchen. He found Meredith sitting on Liz's bed, still giggling as she looked at pictures spread out in front of her.

"You never told me you dyed your hair," she laughed as she held up a picture of him with bright purple hair. "I used to have pink hair. Maybe we would have gotten together better in high school than I thought."

"That was so not my fault," Derek snapped as he pulled the picture from her hands. "I have four sister who thrived on making me miserable. They put hair dye in my hair gel bottle."

"Sure, Der," she nodded.

He narrowed his eyes at her. "You had pink hair?" he asked.

"Sure," she replied. "I was a rebel. Apparently you were just a victim."

"I hate you," he said as he turned to storm out of the room.

"You love me!" Meredith yelled after him before she dissolved into giggles with his sister again. Maybe this Christmas thing wouldn't be so bad after all.