"I know you're lying, but I won't push it. Thank you, baby." He knows me so well.

"Just missed you so much that I wanted to see you; needed to see you more like. I figured I'd bring you a nice dinner and let you enjoy what's underneath this," I motion to my wrinkled dress, undoubtedly hinting at the incredibly uncomfortable lace panties hidden underneath. The things I do for him and for love, "as a reminder of what you've been missing." Harry hums, his lips quirked in the sexiest smirk imaginable; it's enough to make my eyes roll back at the mere thought of what his smirks usually lead to. He leans forward, kissing my forehead, then my nose, then cheeks, before landing on my pouting lips.

"Trust me, I've not forgotten what I have waiting at home for me." Another kiss. "I love you." Sighing, I pull away and crawl out of the cot, walking over to my bag, but not without receiving a smack to my bum on the way.

"This food is definitely cold." I sigh, slightly disappointed. I slaved away making aubergine lasagna, but I sure as hęll wasn't going to eat without Harry. "I came earlier but heard from the nurses that you were in surgery so I decided to stick around in hopes that you wouldn't take too long."

Harry's eyebrows furrow at my words, rising to his feet from the floor beside his cot to join me near his desk. He doesn't look as happy as I thought he would. He almost looks hurt, maybe even a little upset. Great, now I've made him feel bad.

"Belle, I finished that surgery ages ago; been doing rounds for the last three or so hours." What?

I want to explode at the news. I'm annoyed with myself that I didn't leave Harry's office to walk around or even try to text him. I know that Harry has his phone on him at all times, even if he can't look at it, I should've just sent him a quick note. I'm more annoyed with the fact that none of the nurses mentioned to Harry that his fiancé just happened to be waiting for him in his office. Maybe they thought I left, I don't know. Then again, I know how light the staff gets at night, compared to how booming it was earlier.

"Did Alice see you come in?" I nod my head, my insides heating with the mere mention of her name. It makes my blood boil and a snarl cross my features. Of fücking course, she'd be behind this. "And she knew you were in my office?" Again, I nod, jaw clenched and teeth gritted together. "Why didn't she tell me?"

"Alice was with you?" I almost don't want to know why he brought her up by name or why she was hanging around him. As much as I trust Harry, I don't trust Alice nearly a quarter as much.

"Yeah, she was rounding with me and was at the nurses' station after I came out of surgery."

I've never wanted to hit someone more than I do right now. I'm not normally a violent person, clearly, as I preach the same message of non-violence to my brother. But there's just something about Alice... she just makes me see red and have the urge to throw hands. I just imagine the conniving little troll, smirking away after purposely steering Harry in another direction, knowing full well I was waiting patiently for him.

"That little bįtch." Harry's eyes go wide and his mouth parts. He's quick to step closer to me, possibly to comfort me as I'm clearly upset, my face red with anger. I side-step out of the way, pacing the small room barefoot. "She was the one who told me you were in surgery and indisposed, the wench."

"Baby -"

"She's had the hots for you before I came around, and can't get it through her thick skull that she'll never have you. I have half a mind to march down there and -"

"Belle -"

"stick my foot up her perky åss. She'll never see it coming, thinks I'm some docile, nice girl. Well boy is she wrong today. I -"