Chapter 7: Friends or Foes

Start from the beginning

Taehyung: What's with the reaction? I was just trying to help. Uhm, by the way, I hope I didn't make things worse back there.

Jeongyeon: Ani. You saved me. Thanks, oppa.

Taehyung: You're not stupid. You're just tired.

Jeongyeon: I know.

Taehyung: I need to make sure that these stupid people won't lay a finger on you starting tomorrow. I want to be by your side, I wish I was your classmate.

Jeongyeon: Don't worry about me, I can handle it.

Taehyung: Are there any of your friends who you can be with you every second of the day?

Jeongyeon: I don't have. Nancy even ditched me.

Taehyung: She blocked me. I was gonna apologize to her. I wanted to ask her to be with you no matter what.

Jeongyeon: I'm fine... don't worry about me. But... if you really want to make me feel better, why don't you treat me to this ramen house nearby?

Taehyung: Aren't you needed at the diner?

Jeongyeon: I already asked Mrs. Park if I could not come tonight.

Taehyung: Aishhhh. Arasseo. To ramen house!

〰️

Since Taehyung wouldn't be able to be by Jeongyeon's side all the time, he took Mina's phone number from her by force to ask her if she could accompany his friend in his place— every second of the day at school.

Jeongyeon: As if Mina will be able to do anything 🙄

Taehyung: Have you seen her stare at people? She could be scary!

Jeongyeon: And when did you see her stare?

Taehyung: Randomly.

Truth is, Taehyung was referring to that time when Mina slammed her locker and stared at him, making his knees weak.

After taking Jeongyeon home, he immediately dialed Mina's phone number. He was flustered when he heard her on the other line that he wasn't able to speak for a few seconds.

Taehyung: Uhm... H—hi! It's me, Taehyung. Mina?

Mina: *dropped the call*

Taehyung: *looks at his phone* Is she mad? 😕 Guess I will just leave a message.

By the end of the day, Mina texted Taehyung back and he got to explain what happened in the locker last time. He was lying on his bed when he received her first text message. It surprised him too much that he suddenly sat up.

Text Message:

Taehyung: I didn't really mean to
offend you, Mina. I mean if that's
what it looked. I hope you
give me a chance.

Mina: Sunbaenim, you are
only asking if I can accompany
unnie every day, what do you mean
by giving you a chance?

Taehyung: To be your friend.

Mina: Ah. Too much favor. Just
choose one. What's more important?

Taehyung: Damn. I think I need to
look for another person to join Jeongie
every lunch.
Or should I just let her be alone? 😛

Mina: Haha. I'm only kidding.
I was upset, but nice talking to you.
A piece of advice though.
Don't force friendship.