Chapter Nine: Saving (Y/N) and Steven

Hela came up behind Steven and stabbed him in the stomach. He fell to the floor, holding his stomach in pain while (Y/N) tried to go over to him but the chains stopped her.

"Now look what you've done, (Y/N). Oh, don't worry dear. Our secret will die with him," Hela took the chain from the pillar and tried to take (Y/N) away, "And as for us? We are going where no one will ever find you, again."

Hela tried to drag (Y/N) to the same hatch she used to get in when she realized (Y/N) had left. Groot ran forward and tried to stop Hela from taking his friend away but she just kicked him away, knocking him unconscious. (Y/N) continued to fight against Hela trying not to go with her. Hela yelled at her to stop.

"NO!" (Y/N) yelled as the gag slipped off, "I won't stop. For every minute of the rest of my life, I will fight. I will never stop trying to get away from you. But, if you let me save him... I will go with you."

"No. No, (Y/N)..." Steven tried to stop her.

"I'll never run, I'll never try to escape. Just let me heal him. And you and I will be together. Forever, just like you want. Everything will be the way it was. I promise. Just like you want. Just let me heal him."

Hela thought about it. She un-chained (Y/N) and chained Steven to a pillar so he couldn't follow them once he was better. (Y/N) ran to his side. She opened his shirt to see how bad the injury was and it was bad

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Everything is going to okay, though," (Y/N) assured him

"No, (Y/N)!" Steven still tried to stop her from saving him.

"I promise, you have to trust me."

"No... I can't let you do this."

"But I can't let you die."

"But if you do this... Then you... will die."

"Hey. It's gonna be all right."

(Y/N) was about to sing her song when Steven stopped her. At first, she thought he was just looking at her one last time. But really, he had grabbed a shard of the mirror that was close to him and cut off her hair. He had realized that he faces death either way; being hanged by the guards or bleeding out with (Y/N). He choose to die in her arms and set her free by sacrificing his last ounce of strength to slice off her hair. Hela watched in horror as it happened.

She tried to grab (Y/N)'s hair to keep it blond but it was turning brown just like it had the first time. As the power faded from (Y/N)'s hair, Hela turned old. As old as she should be now. She looked in the mirror at her now old appearance. As Hela walked to the window by accident, Groot dragged (Y/N)'s hair in her path as she stumbles backwards, slowly dying. She trips on the hair, falls out of the tower, and her body decays to dust as she hit the floor below. After watching Hela's death, (Y/N) rushed back to Steven's side as he died.

She tried to use her powers but, since her hair was cut, the song wouldn't work. She was on the brink of crying but she had to save Steven. Using the last of his strength, he looked at her one last time and told her his new dream was being with her. Then, he died in her arms. (Y/N) began to cry, mourning over Steven's death. One of (Y/N)'s tears fall on his cheek.

Then, a sun-shaped glow shines on Steven's cheek where the tear fell. Gold light and white light in the shape of the flower erupt from the wound. The gold light stretches around the tower, and Stevens wound heals. The light disappears into Steven and (Y/N) waited for something to happen. He opens his eyes.

"(Y/N)?" Steven asked.

"Steven," (Y/N) said shocked

"Did I ever tell you, I've got a thing for brunettes?" Steven smirked.

(Y/N) smiled and hugged him. He hugged her back before she pulled him in for their first kiss. Back at the castle, a guard came into the room the king and queen were in. They looked at him who gave them a knowing look and a nod. They ran to a balcony and stopped at the door for a moment before opening it to reveal (Y/N) and Steven.

The queen walked forward almost in disbelief that her daughter finally came home. After looking at her for long enough, tears formed in both their eyes. They hugged each other, happy. The king soon joined them and fell to the floor. The queen looked at Steven and offered her hand. He took it only to be dragged into the hug too.