Chapter Four: She has a dream

(Y/N) was so happy that she actually left her tower. But she started to have doubts about whether she should continue with her plan or not. Steven just had to listen and watch (Y/N) have fun finally out of her tower and going through doubts. Until she finally just sat down and cried thinking she was an awful daughter for disobeying Hela.

Steven approached her and cleared his throat, "you know, I can't help but notice, you seem a little at war with yourself, here."

"What?" (Y/N) asked look at him.

"Now, I'm only picking up bits and pieces. Overprotective mother, forbidden road trip. This is serious stuff. But let me ease your conscience. This is part of growing up. A little rebellion, a little adventure. That's good, healthy even."

Groot had climbed on Steven's shoulder so he flicked him off.

(Y/N) laughed at that, "You think?"

"I know. You're way overthinking this, trust me. Does your mother deserve it? No. Will this break her heart and crush her soul? Of course. But you just got to do it," Steven said.

"Break her heart?"

"In half," Steven picked a grape.

"Crush her soul?"

"Like a grape," Steven squished it.

"She would be heartbroken, you're right," Steven helped (Y/N) up.

"I am, aren't I? Oh, bother. All right, I can't believe I'm saying this, but... I'm letting you out of the deal."

"What?"

"That's right. But don't thank me. Let's just turn around, and get you home, here's your pan, here's your stick," Steven gave her, her pan and Groot and tried to take her back, "I get back my satchel. You get back a mother-daughter relationship based on mutual trust and viola! We part ways as unlikely friends."

"No," (Y/N) pushed him off her, "I am seeing those lanterns."

"Oh, come on! What is it going to take to get my satchel back?"

She threatens him with the pan, "I will use this."

A Bush started rustling next to them. Scared, (Y/N) hid and clung onto Steven thinking it was a ruffian or a thug coming for her. But it was just a bunny. (Y/N) let go of Steven.

"Sorry. Getting just a little bit, jumpy," (Y/N) said

"Probably be best if we avoid ruffians and thugs, though," Steven said

"Yeah, that's probably best."

That gave Steven an idea, "Are you hungry? I know a great place for lunch."

"Where?"

"Oh, don't you worry. You'll know it when you smell it."

He led her away. Meanwhile, in the forest, Levi was still looking for Steven. But he has obviously been unsuccessful. He came across a wanted poster of Steven with the nose looking like a pig's nose. Levi had to cover it to reveal who he was looking for. Levi tore up the poster just as he heard a twig snap. He hid as the figure came closer. He jumped out to see Hela who was startled at first. She realized it was only a Captain's cloak. But no Captain.