Part 1: The meeting

"Are you sure she is strong enough to be an Avenger?", Natasha asks.
I throw a nervous glance at her while Tony walks around the table in the Avengers Tower, the headquarter.
"She has blown up the whole podium", he says. "The wall of the school sports hall is damaged, the people in the first row had to be patched up, and we had to convince a whole school that it was just a gas explosion. I would not only say she is strong enough, but also that she is too strong to be left without training."
I stare at my feet and a rose colour creeps up my cheeks. The accident from yesterday still embarasses me, plus the approving tone Tony is speaking in flatters me. I gulp and await the decision of the Avengers.
"She is young", Steve opposes. He looks at me. "Can we ask her to risk her life to work with us? Our job is dangerous."
"It is dangerous for her to be out by herself", Tony says and puts down his glass on the tabletop.
"What do you say to that?", Bruce says.
I smile thankfully at him, and he smiles back. "I want to control my powers", I answer. "I am a little scared that another outburst could happen ... and I would be very happy to work with you. Even if it is a risk. I like you guys."
"If a warrior wants to fight, then so be it!", Thor exclaims, stands up and rises his hammer.
"Thor, this has nothing to do with being a warrior", Tony says. "Sit down."
Thor pouts and sits down again. Loki who sits on a chair in the corner smirks at the situation.
"If she wants to join the team and knows about the risk, I would say we take her", Natasha says and lays her hands on the table. She exchanges a look with Clint and he nods.
"So everybody agrees?", Tony asks. "Steve? Okay. What about you, Loki? You could help her with her powers, from magician to magician."
I watch Loki rock his chair backwards and forwards at the end of the table. I have read in the newspaper that he is a member of the Avengers for three or four months now, after he helped to defeat Thanos. A little unsure but optimistic about him, I smile at him.
His smile back is more like a smirk, and I am not sure if I like it. "That will be interesting for sure", Loki says. "But I am not sure if I want to train with a magical and emotional sunshine. I don't think I can bear it for long."
I open my mouth slightly in indignation.
"Come on ...", Steve says.
"Since she arrived here she showered everyone with compliments. I have heard at least three times that something from my outfit matches something from my body. How long do you expect me to stand that?"
My face reddens more. I was nervous, and my first reflex when being nervous is to make at least the others feel comfortable! And now I surely don't want to train with Loki.
"Maybe I can train with someone else?", I ask. "Thor is magical too!"
Thor is halfway into a happy answer when Tony interrupts him. "Thor's speciality is lightning. We need magic, and Doctor Strange is occupied with guarding the earth. We can ask him to look at her from time to time, but who (y/n) really needs is Loki."
"But ...", I say. "I mean, just because our powers are similiar? You expect us to be the same because of our powers? Isn't that kind of ... magic racist?"
"Macist", Loki says and nods. Our glances meet for a moment, and a small smirk is on both of our faces. But he quickly stops smiling as he sees mine.
Tony grins. "It seems you two get along great. End of meeting, off to the training everybody."