Prologue

I look down at the cue cards I hold in my trembling hands. My schoolmates in the school sports hall are shoving their seats over the carpet which has been rolled out for this event specifically. The speaker on the podium is finishing his speech and I hear him saying my name.
I gulp and take a few steps in the direction of the stage. The reason I have to do this is completely random, the school just happens to host this event, and after a talker cancelled a week before, I have to do it now. Just because the school administration got a whiff of me knowing something about the very topic the talker should talk about.
While I take the steps up to the podium, the tingle in my fingers reminds me of my other problem. I feel it more often lately, and since that one accident ...
I take a deep breath. Just hope that it never happens again and stay positive.
I arrange my cue cards and give the schoolmates my best smile. Then I begin my speech.
It seems to go well. I am speaking without any bigger interruptions, and roughly half of them are listening. That is way more than I expected. My hands are sweating, but since the ink doesn't smear and I can read the cue cards even with my hands shaking, it is no big deal. Only the tingle in my fingers gets worse. I pray that it goes away and try to calm myself.
"To finish this speech, I will wish you a great day", I say. "Because you deserve it, and happiness can make a big difference."
Applause rises and a feeling of relief washes over me. I smile again as the lightheartedness catches me and before I know it, the feeling manifests in my fingertips. I look down and see yellow sparks coming out of my hands.
My smile freezes and I shake my hands like I could extinguish the sparks. I try to ball my fists, but nothing happens. As I desperatly try to make the yellow light go back into my palms, people start to shout and the sparks explode in a large yellow blast.