"Emmett once told me that these abilities - that they're simply an addition to what you already had in your human life."

"True, from what I observed anyway, Edward was intuitive, Jasper empathetic, Bella protective."

"It makes sense that Sierra is able to do that. She had always been influential as a human." I told him. "I just wonder -"

"What your ability may be if you were to turn?"

I nodded at Carlisle.

He got a far away look as if remembering something.

"Fragility is precious in it's own right. Don't take it for granted." He told me.

"Is this you advising me against becoming a vampire?" I asked.

I looked at Carlisle. The patriarch of the Cullens. If anything, I didn't know why I hadn't come to him first, he had turned most of his family. He was the perfect person to have this conversation with.

"I get the allure." Carlisle spoke. "Eternal life, heightened senses and strength, beauty... vampirism does have its perks."

"I sense a but coming." I spoke.

Carlisle offered another kind smile. "I love my family more than anything in this world. But I often think of Esme, Edward, Rosalie... I think of what I damned them to."

I looked at Carlisle in shock. "Damned? Esme and Edward, you brought them joy."

"I'm not saying I didn't." Carlisle spoke. "But I do wish they had a say in the matter. As I said, I love them all dearly and I cannot imagine my life without them. But sometimes I think about what they lost, the ability to bear children in this state, the ability to grow old, the burden of never getting close to others and watching generations die."

"I'm not telling you what to do, Sophie but I'll ask you this, where do you see yourself in five years? What do you want?"

With that, he got up.

"I better not keep you from your crowds of fans." He spoke.

I smiled weakly.

He opened the door and I saw Jane and my mother immediately walk in.

"Oh sweetie." My mum spoke as she came over to hug me.

"I'd be careful if I were you, Jessica." Carlisle warned.

My mum pulled back. "Oh right." She spoke probably remembering her strength.

She opted to put a hand on mine instead and smiled.

"How are you feeling?" She asked. "A little worse for wear but I'm okay." I reassured her.

"Oh, my baby." She looked on the verge of tears.

"Mum, I'm okay." I assured her.

"No, I should have listened to you. I should have never made you stay at the castle. I- I -"

"It's okay mum." I told her. "It's okay. None of this is your fault."

"That crazy woman could have killed you, Sophie." She spoke again. Anger in her voice. "I don't know what I would have done if I had lost you again. For good this time."

I took her hand in mine and squeezed.

"Well you haven't. I'm still here."

"Well you're definitely talented at getting yourself in danger." Jane spoke trying to sound upset but failing miserably.

"As if you could get rid of me that easily." I told her.

She rolled her eyes but smiled non the less. "As annoying as you are, I'm glad you're alive."