°

"Mom is very excited for the wedding," Rohan said from beside me.

"We're excited as well!" Mom said excitedly.

"Are you?" Rohan whispered beside me so that only I could hear.

"Hmm?"

"Are you excited?"

"I don't know what to feel honestly, Rohan," I whispered as I looked at him.

"Thank you for being honest with me, if you want to ever cancel the wedding, you know I would not mind that at all, I really want you to be comfortable," he said as he held my eyes.

I nodded and focused on stacking my plate with bread and butter.

"I'm sorry for being rude in the morning, you just caught me off gaurd," I said as I scraped some butter and held the knife and bread uncomfortably in my hand.

"It's really okay, I would scream for life I someone I didn't know greeted me like that,"

I nodded as I focused on buttering the bread which was honestly a task for me because somehow in all of my life, a task as simple as buttering the bread was something I could never do because I always tore my bread. Usually mom butters the bread for me and today she hasn't done it though I could see her glancing my way again and again. It was clear that her meddling mind was running and she expected Rohan to help me.

"Let me help you with that,"

"No thank you," my voice came out more loud than I had interpreted and I groaned internally.

What the fuck is wrong with me? He was only asking politely!

"I'm sorry," I said.

"It's okay,"

As soon as he was done eating breakfast with us, he left for his work and I let out an exasperated breath as Sonia helped me to the living room.

"Who the heck thought it would be better to leave him alone in my room while I was asleep?" I asked as soon as all of us were settled inside our living room.

"Sanju,"

"Don't Sanju me okay? How the fuck are you trusting him so much? We're not even married and you're freely letting him stay in my room while I'm asleep?"

"Sanju!" Mom reprimanded because I was using curse words.

"Don't shout at me like I'm wrong mom," I said and dad took my hands in his as he gently rubbed them.

"Sorry," he said.

"Don't change just because I'm going to get married okay? I still want you to be protective of me and glare at him even though he's my fiancée, I want you guys to... Just don't change yaar," I managed to say with tears welling in my eyes.

"Sanju, mera baccha," dad said softly as he wrapped his arms around me and mom followed who was followed by Sonia.

"Sorry Sanju," mom said as she rubbed my back.

"But don't tell me you didn't enjoy seeing him the first thing in the morning," Sonia commented as we settled and I groaned but laughed immediately when mom flicked her forehead.

"Stop with all that teasing because then we'll tease you even more when you find someone," mom said and I snorted.

"What?" Sonia snapped.

"If she finds someone ma, with the way she's put her conditions, this chess queen is never going to find anyone,"

"Well atleast I'm a queen," Sonia said as she squared her shoulders and I rolled my eyes.

"Haan beta, you know how the last one went crying when he lost to you,"

"Well he was a baby! He didn't even know what chess was!"

"Really? Not even rook or the horse, come on he needs to know about queen,"

"No he didn't,"

"What a loser,"

And I stared as my dad and Sonia talked about chess and mom giving in her inputs and I couldn't help the tears that welled in my eyes. When dad turned around to look at me, his face softened as he wrapped his arms around me.

"What happened?"

"I'm going to miss this, I'm going to miss you all," I sobbed as I clung to my dad.

"Awww Mera baccha," mom cooed as she ran a hand through me hair.

"Goodness Sanju, you're crying so much, is it the medicines?"

"I'll see how much you cry when you're getting married, you'll cling to me like a baby that I know for sure," I commented as I gave her a stink eye.

"I would never cling to you, you bully,"

"Trust me you spoilt brat, you'll cling to me,"

"Hush you girls, stop fighting like kids," dad scolded us and I laughed as I leaned against the sofa and closed my eyes as I sighed in relief.

___________________________

Short update.

I'm sorry my mind is clogged with other things so but I do hope you guys enjoyed this one.