Chap 25; Vampire & wolf

"Look, it's fine that you found your mate already. But what about me?"

☁️🌥⛅️🌤☀️🌤⛅️🌥☁️

⚠️ blood, corpses, gruesome, mentions of murder and torture, mentions of violence, verbal fighting ⚠️

Angel blood tastes different.

It's sweet, like fresh pears on a warm summer day. The healthy kind of sweet, not the overwhelming kind. Like berries or fruits, the smell of natural spices and vegetation. It also has a golden hint to it. Very much similar to Sun's scent, this regal and important feel to it. The blood is smooth and sweet, going easy down the throat like honey or sugary tea. Sometimes it has sparks of sweetness, like candy or other sweets. But still, Vorigan has never been a fan of sweet things. He prefers something more neutral, something with a fresh taste.

Though, he can't pass on such an opportunity. A whole dead angel in front of him, their blood still warm and new inside. Drinking blood is, as commonly misunderstood, not a very clean and easy thing. He can make it clean and easy, like when drinking from his possible future mate. That's only tasting blood, like taking a small sip of wine. But actually drinking blood is messy and gruesome for everyone involved. Vorigan has never minded though.

He sticks his teeth through the skin, and it practically rips everything nearby. Blood will flow out freely as his teeth have broken major veins, giving easy access to all the blood. It spills around his mouth and he can drink it up without much trouble. But usually it means stained clothes, blood all over his jaw and mouth, and the smell lingering around for hours, if not days. But once again, Vorigan has never minded getting messy. Never minded doing something gruesome for blood, like killing or tearing their necks open with his nails. It's fun, it's satisfying.

So this time, as he is drinking up the last few drops of the angels blood, he doesn't care about getting dirty. He takes his sweet time, Sun and the rest of his friends discussing something in the background. He can hear their voices but he doesn't really care. What matters is that he is hungry, more hungry than usual. He feels so hungry his head is hurting, his stomach swaying and senses overloading. No matter how much he drinks of the sweet, sweet blood, it's not enough. It's not like he can feel bad either. These angels hurt his friend, and almost killed him. Vorigan already drained the orange haired opponent that he had, why should this angel be any different.

Finally, the being is almost completely drained, and Vorigan stands up. He wipes the blood off his jaw, but knows that there is still some left. The vampire is confused. Despite already drinking everything, his eyes are still red and he feels unsatisfied. Like there is something else that he needs. The night is already getting dark, the moon hidden by clouds and a blanket like shadow spreading across the lands. His red eyes shine in the darkness like a predators yellow ones. Vorigan licks his fangs and takes small, tired steps towards his friends, who are standing together further away from the angel corpses.

He can't quite remember at what point the scent started invading his senses. Is it when he is walking there, or when he is already standing among his friends? Is it already when he is sucking blood out of the angel? Whenever it is, Vorigan smells this absolutely powerful scent coming from inside the forest. It's a little dizzy and hard to pinpoint, but the vampire can tell that it's strong and very nice. Like very, very nice. Aggravatingly nice. After a few seconds he thinks it smells like something wooden, but also very fresh and tropical. But Vorigan is tired and he doesn't realize what the scent means before he sees it.