Chap 2; The funeral

This is the story of how nine kids saved the world...

But it didn't start out that way.

It all started, with a funeral...

☁️🌥⛅️🌤☀️🌤⛅️🌥☁️

"We have gathered here today, to witness the funeral of our beloved and admired Hopea Earth, leader of the Earth clan"

Rain falls down rapidly, hitting the dried autumn grass and the frozen soil. Shadows from the dark sky are cast over the memorial park, right outside the shining golden palace of the Earth clan. Just twenty years ago, this place was filled with war and bloodshed, Hopea was a young shadowdemon, soon to be leader of the clan after the death of the former evil clan leader. Everything was great, but all great things come to an end.

In the middle of the memorial park stands a huge monument, a statue of the handsome and everlasting Hopea Earth. His strict gaze falls down upon the one thousand people gathered at his funeral, the rain making it seem like he is crying. He should be, it's not fair. Why did he have to die, barely forty years into his long lasting demon life. He didn't in fact, look much older than a twenty year old, which only made his death more tragic. A man stands in front of the statue, reading out the words of sorrow.

"Hopea was a great demon, and a great leader. He brought this clan up, away from the scandal and evil of the former leader and into a new era. Our clan got many reforms, all of them for the better of the dimension and for us. May his kind heart Rest In Peace over the Earth Gods kingdom. May his soul have found his way back home, and may his reincarnated body be born into our clan, so that we can once again thrive under his rule. For it truly is a pity, that he had to be taken away from us so soon. Far too soon"

Dressed in black, Vivy holds her stoic expression, looking up at the statue of her dead friend. She doesn't want to cry, Hopea deserves better than her tears over his grave. But it's hard. She didn't expect him to leave so soon.

Everyone dies, but Hopea died before he was supposed to. Vivy just can't stop thinking about it, just two weeks ago she was having tea with him, looking at the progress of the clan with him, laughing and smiling. Now he's there, under his huge gray statue, and she's here, wearing all black and holding back tears over his dead body. What breaks her heart even more, is that Hopea never got to meet his mate, nor are his parents in the picture, so therefore she is his closest family. Standing over his grave, all alone, without her very first friend.

"Hopea was always kind to us, he never saw himself as anything more special or important. He grew from being the shy kid in the back of the class, who always focused on getting the best grades and being perfect, to being our very own leader for twenty whole years. It should've been more than that. He should've ruled for hundreds of years like the other leaders, because by me he deserved it more than them.

But, we shall not dwell and cry over the Earth Gods plan. The creator of this dimension and the ruler of our lives knows what is better, and so it was time for Hopea to go, and for a new era to begin. I know in my heart that his soul is staring down upon us with that proud smile he reserves for the best of us. As his people, we will make sure that his efforts were not in vain. The Earth clan will remain the good that it has been for the past twenty years, with the same force and power"