Chap 12; Locking potion

"A human without a past, an angel without her family, a demon without her calm and a Moonwitch without her home"

☁️🌥⛅️🌤☀️🌤⛅️🌥☁️

⚠️ knives, blood, kidnapping, ropes and chains, physical and verbal abuse ⚠️

What's a human without their roots?

What's a human without a past?

Nothing.

That's right.

At first, Helga only remembers the trees.

That's where she has slept for the longest time now, it's only natural that the trees are what come to mind when her eyes are shut and heavy. It's foggy everywhere, it must be early morning. Helga takes a deep breath, and wonders, why the air smells so smoky and closed in. Why her head is pounding. Did manage to get sick?

Great.

If she's sick, who will protect Del?

Helga doesn't want to open her eyes yet. She feels heavy everywhere, her arms and legs are stuck somehow, her stomach feels empty, her ears are blocking out some sort of noise she doesn't understand. Is someone talking? Why are there so many people talking? The human recognizes that she should feel panicked by this point, but she's too tired to actually feel it. Voices are everywhere. She feels stuck and tired and it hurts somewhere, maybe everywhere. Helga debates herself for awhile. Should she stand up now and tell Delilah that she's sick? Should she ask her why there are so many voices? Where is she? What happened yesterday?

Helga likes being in control of her life and in control of the situation. She hates it when she's not. Suddenly everything feels helpless like that, she doesn't know where she is nor what is going on. Like kid. Helga feels like a kid again, trying her very best to stay alive and by herself, but not knowing anything of the big wide world around her. Lost and afraid while having all these responsibilities and nobody to teach her. Why does she feel like such a kid again?

"You think they'll wake up soon?"

"I hope so, we can't proceed if they aren't awake"

For the first time, Helga recognizes the words being said. Is she not the only one asleep? Is someone else asleep? Who is that voice, are they good or bad? Helga tries to come up with a solution but it's hard. Maybe opening her eyes is a good start? So Helga does exactly that. She opens her eyes. It hurts at first, it's heavy and groggy and for some reason she doesn't want whoever is out there to know that she's awake.

There is not much light, that's the first thing that Helga realizes. It's not like they are outside, she's not laying on a tree branch high up in the air. No, she's laying on a harsh wooden floor, it's cold and the floorboards are uneven. They feel harsh against her skin, she feels uncomfortable. Shadows of different people move around in the room, illuminated by a small light coming from a fireplace in the middle of the space. The windows are small and covered by weird fabrics, some thinner while some might be leather. By the walls hang different shelves with bottles of all kinds, weird yellowish books and tools. Helga frowns at the many knives in the room, and is that blood on the floor?

The more she focuses, the more Helga makes out of the weird figures in the room. Witches, they are witches, she first realizes. They have dresses, most of them dark blue, some of them purple or black. One of them seems older, hunched over a boiling pot, while the rest seem just about young and in their prime. Helga begins to smell the wooden house, the different herbs and potions, and finally, the blood. It sticks and stings in her nose, so much so that she frowns and tries to move away from the smell. Why is there blood in the cottage? Where is Delilah?