Chapter 9. Eight Brothers.

I glared at Kealan's grip on my arm and huffed- Kealan ignored me. He pulled me down the hall, and Colten, who had yet to see me, paused.

"When did Nate turn into a girl?" I glared at him.

"I've always been a girl dumbass." There was a sharp flick to my side.

Colten tilted his head to the side. "Why were you pretending to be a guy?"

I scoffed. "Do I seriously need to explain that -" another sharp flick made me turn on Kealan.

"Stop smacking me!"

Kealan gazed down at me. "Stop being mean."

I stared at him in disbelief. "You people are kidnapping me!"

Kealan shook his head. "You came into the house willingly."

I tossed a single arm into the air, Kealan still had my other one in his grip. "Fine, you're holding me hostage then! As if that's any better!"

Kealan rolled his eyes. "At least it's accurate now."

Colten pointed down the hall and turned slightly. "I'll leave you two, and your sexual tension, to yourselves."

Kealan and I glared at him. "There is no sexual tension!" We snapped together, then glared at each other.

Colten hummed and waved not looking back as he went down another hall. Kealan scoffed and shook his head before continuing to pull me along.

As we entered what I assumed to be his bedroom, Kealan paused and glanced at my neck. "Let's get that fixed up." He let go my my arm, and took my hand instead.

I stared at his hand and experimentally curled my fingers into his. Kealan suddenly stopped waking and inhaled sharply.

It's warm... and kind of comforting. I realized. Kealan didn't say anything, but led me into his bathroom. He turned and took his hand of out of my own to set me up on the sink.

I tilted my head to the side for him, as he inspected it further. Kealan was surprisingly gentle as he touched me.

A question came to mind, and I didn't wait a single second in asking it. "Why does Tyler hate you so much?" I asked.

Kealan paused and turned away to grab some disinfectant. "What makes you think he hates me?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Well, he did say this was a message for you." I gestured to the bite as Kealan turned around. I winced when he wiped the hurt area.

"Tyler is kinky as fuck, that's why he bit you." Kealan supplied.

I inhaled deeply. "Jax mentioned a rivalry, so I know you two don't like each other. Tyler may be kinky, but you also hate each other for a reason."

Kealan sighed and gave in. "Fine, if you want to know, I'll tell you." Kealan wrapped my neck as he spoke.

"I killed his mother. That's about where it begins and where it ends." I stared at him with wide eyes.

"You killed his mom? No wonder he hates you, can't blame the guy for being super messed up anymore."

Kealan shook his head. "That's why Tyler hates me, the real singular reason why. The story for why I killed his mother is more complex."

Kealan pulled back as he finished wrapping my neck and went on. "Owen, Tyler, Luca, and Lennon are in a gang. Ryder, me, Colten, and Alex are in another. Everyone one of us except for Lennon shares a father, and Lennon shares a mother with Owen. So we're all related except for Lennon, who's only related to Owen."

I frowned. "So this is basically just a sibling rivalry?"

Kealan pursed his lips. "In a way."

I shook my head. "That doesn't explain why you killed Tyler's mom."

Kealan gazed at me. "I'm getting there, so everyone but Lennon shares a father, and we almost all have different mothers. Our mothers may or may not have liked to stir up shit. Anyway, Tyler's mother didn't like Jax, because his mother got more love. Ridiculous things happened, Jax's mother got poisoned -"

I raised hand. "How old was Jax?"

Kealan frowned. "Five?"

I did the math in my head quickly. "So you were ten?"

Kealan nodded looking thoughtful. "Or eleven, something like that. To make a long story short, Jax's mom died, and Tyler's mother tried to kill Jax, so I shot her. She died, and Tyler didn't care what his mother tried to do, so he hated me."

My eyes watered. "At such a young age... not that I'm one to talk. I killed someone when I was fifteen." I admitted. The honest air, and him sharing made me want to do the same.

Kealan looked me more closely. "Yes, I can see that. Who was it?"

I held my hands together. "My uncle. I, I stabbed him. He died." I said flatly.

Kealan didn't push, he didn't ask anything. He just nodded and helped me off the sink. "Do you want to lay down?"

I looked up at him and stared at his blue hair. "Can I touch it? Your hair?"

Kealan paused and his lips pulled up into a half smile. "If you really want too."

I nodded eagerly and walked into his bedroom. Kealan sat on the edge of his red bed, and I climbed behind him.

My hands hesitated around his head before I slipped my fingers into his hair. I giggled despite everything rubbed a strand of soft hair.

"Is it to your satisfaction?" Kealan asked calmly. I smiled.

"Yes, yes it is. I like your hair very much." I admitted. Kealan turned his head and glanced at my hair.

"May I touch yours?"

I blushed. "Uh, sure." We switched places in the blink of an eye, and Kealan ran his hands up through my hair.

He ran his fingers through it gently brushing through my long locks. My eyes drifted closed at the gentle petting.

I yawned and leaned against his back. "Sorry," I said sleepily. Kealan shook his head.

"Rest November. I'll hold you while you sleep."

I smiled slightly. When was last time someone held me?