Part 31

Sunaina and Nandini's conversation continued.

        Sunaina : "It seems music helps in healing faster and you are a musician yourself, so I think you should make use of it to recover soon."

        Nandini hadn't told Sunaina that she had tried to stay away from music since her accident. Nandini was reluctant at first, but then she remembered her previous attempt at music. She also remembered Manik's words.

        "It wasn't as difficult as you thought."

        "Musician's life without music is incomplete. How did you manage to stay away from it?"

        "The destination wasn't right doesn't mean that the means aren't right too. The same means can lead to a better destination."

        Nandini's life had changed slowly for the better since then, so she felt that she could try to include music back in to her life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Once when Manik and Cabir went to Mukti's place, Mukti was in her room looking at a few things. She started putting them inside as soon as Manik and Cabir went in.

        Cabir : "What is it that you are hiding from us?"

        Mukti : "I am not hiding anything. I was just putting them back. A few memories from the good times I had with Harshad. .. I myself spoiled everything. Now, I don't know how long I will have to wait for his forgiveness and when everything will get back to how it was earlier."

        Cabir : "You saved them though you thought that he cheated you?"

        Mukti : "I still loved him, so I couldn't get myself to get rid of it."

When Mukti went to keep everything inside,

        Cabir (whispering to Manik) : "Did you hear that? Dhruv also has such a collection. He hasn't mentioned about it to you because you don't believe in love .. I must say yours is a unique collection .. Are you getting what I am trying to tell?"

        Manik : "Hmm.. but I am not in love. If having such a collection is associated with love, then I will dispose it today itself."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        When Manik went home, he took everything he had related to Nandini at different places and put it together with the intention of getting rid of it. But he couldn't get himself to do so at that instant, so he put everything in a box and kept it out of his sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Manik was with his friends,

        Cabir (whispering) : "Did you get rid of your unique collection?"

        Mukti : "Cabir, what's going on between you two? I see you whispering very often. Is it a secret that you can't share it with all of us?"

        Cabir : "I will share once I get a confirmation from him."

        Manik : "You aren't going to get any confirmation."

        Cabir : "I can bet that you will confirm it very soon."

        Dhruv : "You will lose the bet against him. Lady Luck isn't going to favor you."

        Cabir : "I will win for sure. I am relying on a different lady this time."

        Dhruv : "What is it that you are so confident about?"

        Cabir : "My sixth sense says that he is in love."