Part 16

Manik couldn't back out from what he had committed, but at the same time he was reluctant to go ahead with their plan after knowing Nandini's state.

        Manik was with his friends.

        Cabir : "Did you get your doubt clarified?"

        Manik : "Yes .. that isn't the reason."

        Alya : "Then there are no issues in continuing with our plan."

        Manik : "Nandini doesn't want to fall in love either, so I think this plan isn't going to work. We should shelve this plan."

        Alya didn't want Manik to be the one to execute the plan in the first place, but Manik hated Nandini back then, so she didn't consider it as an issue. Now, she had begun to feel that Manik was showing concern for Nandini and she didn't like it one bit, but at the same time she didn't want the plan to be shelved.

        Alya : "You should focus on what Mukti wants and not what that girl wants or doesn't want. Mukti is your cousin and that girl is no one to you. You know what she did to Mukti and you have seen Mukti suffering as a result of it. You should be vengeful, not considerate towards that girl. You should think about Mukti's well being and continue with the plan, and not take that girl's side and shelve the plan."

        Manik : "I am not taking Nandini's side. Whatever I have been doing is only for Mukti. I wasn't for this plan from the beginning, and I don't feel good about this plan even now."

        Manik : "Also, she isn't like that girl who fell in love within a few days or like Mukti who fell in love at first sight. She has an idea that it can be used as a means to trap someone to fulfill their own motives. After knowing that, do you really expect her to walk in to our trap?"

        Manik : "Mukti, if you would have also thought like her, neither would you have been in this situation today nor would I have to put such an act."

        Manik was frustrated with the situation he was stuck in and said those words, but Mukti took that completely in a wrong way because Manik considered falling in love as a mistake.

        Mukti : "You feel that I was wrong and she is right. If that's what you feel, then you can back off. I will continue to suffer like this because it was my mistake. You can let her off the hook and let her go scot free. .. You always say that I am not just your cousin, but your sister. So, I assumed that you can do anything for me, but I was wrong."

        Manik : "I didn't mean that, you are taking it all wrong. I can do anything for you. If necessary, I can even give up my life for you."

        Alya : "Mukti, that girl is trying to brainwash him and distract him. We will have to remind him to stay focused. Then everything will be fine."

        Cabir : "Manik, don't think that trapping her isn't possible. Nothing is impossible for you. You always say that no one can win over you unless you let them on your own. That applies here too."

        Once again Manik's friends managed to convince him to continue with the plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        It was another day at the orphanage. Manik was returning from the restroom when a girl saw him and asked for help.

        Girl : "Can you please help me open the door? My friend has locked the door from inside and isn't opening it. She was upset and I am scared that she might end up doing something terribly wrong."

        Manik managed to open the door and found that the girl's friend was trying to commit suicide by hanging herself. They managed to stop her just in time.