♔ Chapter 8

— Continuation: Unforeseen Circumstances Part 4

"Why did you do that, young lady? I fucking need an explanation.", she mocked her father and devilishly laughed at the same time, giving the other chills. "Captain Montoya, I knew you'd say that, so I've already said it for you. But first and foremost, I'm disappointed in you; I really believed you were the most trustworthy soldier in the entire military corps, but it turns out you weren't. Maja Fichter was her name. Since you went soft that day, Harrison, I've known you accepted her to live under this Headquarters because she's homeless and has a kid who needs to be raised. But do you really know what she was up to? Of course not, why? Because you're too blind. You feel sorry for her because she's a mother with a kid, and I'm sure she reminded you of me and my mother. You should be glad that there was no conflict between Oniochester and Wheassain. She is, indeed, from Oniochester. She even disguised herself to spy on our Military Corps. I have a feeling she's on the lookout for the Privafectio Astuses serum. We must be prepared as soon as possible before they take action; we must not let our guard down, particularly if anyone is secretly spying on us. Kragos Lehner, a backup spy for this lady, was one of their best spies. If you like, I can patrol all three towns so that we can catch him faster."

"No, not in my goddamn watch. You're not going anywhere, so delegate the responsibility to your superiors. Concentrate on your preparation rather than patrolling.", Harrison refuses to let his daughter go because he is afraid of losing them again. "Toya, have confidence in your daughter. She's just a teen version of me, so let her do what she pleases. Khaleada isn't going to die for that simple task, so leave her alone.", Harrison furrowed his eyebrows in disappointment when Kailey interrupted their conversation.

"Do you wish for Khaleada to perish? Kailey, are you completely insane?! This time, I'm not going to let her die, not on my fucking watch!", he may have overreacted, but he is only concerned about the safety of his own family.

"Toya, this will be the first time you express pride in my conduct as a military soldier. Mark my words: I'll return unharmed and alive, but possibly with a corpse. As the higher ranks assemble for meetings in preparation for stuff, I'll do patrolling all over the Wheassain District, and Mom will be the one who comes up with plans and tactics, still the best as ever. I may apprehend that man, but I'll return with him beheaded or dead. Hehe~ sorry not sorry.", she makes an adorable pout as she soothes.

"Oh, and Lieutenant Iliana won't be able to make it to the important meeting because she'll be accompanying me. Sorry, Mom, but I'm going to go get some of your rifle inventions."

"I'm going to kill you without hesitation if you lose or break one of those rifles, I swear to fucking walls."

"It means "good luck and be careful going there," "I love you," and "return safely here." Thank you, Mom, and good luck!", Harrison simply stepped forward to his daughter's direction and hugged her again, as the others chuckled at how cheeky Khaleada was. Kailey simply rolled her eyes as the others chuckled at how cheeky Khaleada was. "Take precautions. Don't cause a commotion."

Iliana saddled up her horse and rode downtown to Kailey's home, carrying Khaleada on her back. When they got closer to the venue, Khaleada purposefully dropped herself, and Iliana noticed it at the same time and began to panic. "Khal, what's up?! What happened to you? If I miss you, kiddo, I swear to God, Toya and Kai will kill me ", she worriedly said as she tightened her grip on the reins and continued to steer the horse forward.

On the other hand, Khaleada unexpectedly matched her pace to Iliana's fast-moving horse, despite the fact that she was watching Iliana from afar. Khaleada has her own reasons for breaking up with that older woman; first, she wants to stop those teenagers who were always messing up with her. Second, her instincts tell her that their main objective was just around the corner, and they were at the open-air market, which was busy and noisy, making it ideal for spying. And at last, she disobeyed her parents' advice to "don't be a ruckus." She has never been in a successful or proper battle; instead, someone has been hospitalized or wounded, and someone has almost died as a result of a fight with Khaleada. She parted ways with Iliana because she wanted to be the one to catch the man who was spying on the whole of Wheassain, and she wanted to fight alongside him. Not just to impress the military with her talents, but also to develop her skills. She enlisted in the military for a reason.

Khaleada stopped by the lemonade stand because she loves lemonade, and after getting her own drink, she wanted to go for a walk while she sipped it. When she saw one of those irritating teenagers who was always messing with her and she dropped the cup of lemonade, Khaleada went over to her and slapped her; "Oi, you owe me a drink today!" she said angrily, causing the teenager girl's brows to furrow.

"The fuck did I do to you?"

"Because you’re so ugly then I dropped mine when I saw you."

She was about to say something when her companions joined her, and they're now standing in front of Khaleada. The boy with dark brown hair gave Khaleada a smirk on his lips as he stared at her "Hello, Khaleada. Don't be afraid to speak up. Now is the time to ask me out."

"Okay.", her only answer was that.

"Ohohoho~ obedient girl, we see~", and more taunting remarks from the bullies.

But.. "Get out.", she picked up an uno reverse card, and instead of teasing Khaleada, the bullies are teasing the boy who flirted with her earlier.

"But ya know, Khaleada.. I think I could make you VERY VERY HAPPY!"

"Why? Are you finally leaving me alone?"

"What the—"

"I don't want to waste my time with you. Let's just roast each other as soon as possible— I still have responsibilities to fulfill. Until next time, motherfuckers!", she then left them speechless.

tbc..