♔ Chapter 2

— Continuation: Bite The Hands That Feeds You Part 3

• general meeting •

They're all in here; the conference room is deafeningly quiet; I'm seated behind Captain, and I'm the only one who's a Sergeant; I wasn't expecting to be invited here, but I suppose it was fate. Since I have excellent tactics and the best decoy, as well as a highly skilled soldier. I have a feeling someone is going to open the door, as I expected, "Please pardon me, General Mcmillan. Lieutenant Ellis, I'll open the door for you."

"Please don't move because I know you have some heavy machinery with you, Lieutenant. Please allow me to open the door for you.", I said this as I stood up and opened the door for Lieutenant Ellis. When I opened the door, she greeted me with a pat on the head and a delighted smile.

"Sergeant Kailey is still the erratic character I've known for years. I've been missing you! Give me a hug, my sweetheart!", Lieutenant half-shouted as she dropped the equipment with her on the concrete, causing loud thuds, but she didn't seem to mind. She drew me into a close embrace, and I could tell she was upset because she was asking for a hug. I just let her hold me for a few minutes; she's my mother figure in squad, but she has a habit of getting me into trouble.

Some of the Captains and other higher-ranking soldiers began whispering to each other and making fun of me. They've already heard about the rumors. I might not be the best at honoring my superiors, but I don't care what kind of nonsense you're throwing at me. All I want is for you to get your karma as soon as possible. I smiled as I turned my head to them as they stared at me. More than likely, an angry smile. I see they're getting on my nerves.

Captain Harrison was staring at me out of the corner of my eye, oh well, fuck, he felt my anger tension, which made the conference room even colder and more tense than before. He kept telling me to remain cool in a silent manner by mouthing it. I eventually faced him with my pathetic smile, which I couldn't help myself from doing. Thankfully, Lieutenant Iliana was able to restore my normalcy.

"Sergeant Chaney, you can now take your seat alongside Lieutenant Ellis, as you created a strong rage stress. Please keep an eye on Chaney; she will need your assistance if she becomes enraged again.", and General Mcmillan could feel my tension.

"I'm glad you've all agreed to come to this important meeting, where we'll be addressing our declaration of war against Zinghast. Sergeant Kailey Chaney, a lower-ranking soldier who is also one of the top five strongest soldiers in Phaginia, has been invited."

The Captain of The Azure Sabors lifted his hands, and I have a feeling he's going to mention me and the rumors. As the Captain saluted before offering his opinion, General Mcmillan politely asked him why.

"General Mcmillan, why is this traitor here? If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could reply. General, we'll let her go as soon as possible. She poses a serious threat to the District and the whole Whe—"

I couldn't help but feel more enraged than I'd ever felt in my entire life. Captain Harrison and I unexpectedly rose from our seats at the same time, drawing our revolver guns and pointing to the Azure Sabors' Captain; we were perfectly synced. Former Mass Murderers banded together?! Hell yeah! Lieutenant Ellis draws her daggers from her belt and aims them at the Captain's chin. They haven't even noticed that I've moved from my previous spot, and now I'm standing behind this Captain, aiming the revolver at his head, and chuckling creepily. They were all terrified, and I could see it on their faces: their eyes widened in shock and grunge at the same time. Apart from this Captain, the other higher-ranking soldiers moved away from us.

"We all know the two options, Captain Wemeres. Isn't it either ride or die?", General Mcmillan couldn't even take a single move or make a deliberate effort to stop us, I calmly said as I devilishly grinned at him. "But there was a problem. What are you doing with the die? It seems that you genuinely desired it, or perhaps you deserved it. I don't mind if people gossip about me, but this kind of thing drives me insane and makes me want to kill someone like you, Captain. Remember this, you fucking no good to Uphitcaster: you're a comrade of a former mass murderer who murdered a lot of people in Zinghast, and I know everything there is to know about Zinghastans and their plans. So stop acting like a fool and face reality. Or did you simply prefer to face your consequences?"

He doesn't make a single move and prefers not to react to me. "I'll take that to mean 'no, I'm not going to suffer the consequences'."

"Let's get right into the strategy debate. Sergeant Chaney, please join me in the front row."

I walked in front of the conference room with a happy smile on my face. "Let's get this over with," is what true duality implies. "I determined that we must issue a Declaration of War, but that we must also conduct an invasion and a colonial war between us, the Wheassainians, and the Zinghastans. They're too strong but easy to deceive, based on what I've learned about them. Since they're stupid ass motherfuckers, we'll take advantage of it. While you write a Declaration of War, I'll take care of their Royal blood, and the defensive teams of each Corps will take the left and right fringes of each town to guard against a surprise assault by the enemy if they intend to invade us first. In terms of offensive teams, each Corps' offensive teams would hide on the four secluded sides of each town if the invasion begins. The Zinghast military can travel suddenly, but due to our sudden assault, the offensive teams will begin fighting right away. Captains and other dependable soldiers will accompany the strongest offensive soldiers to the main fringe."

I went over all of the plans and methods we'd be using. We still have time to practice our invasion and war; I'll include the innocent Zinghastans, but I'm not going to tell them. War is war, regardless of the circumstances. The ones who struggled for their lives were the ones who would only survive until the end; it may have seemed selfish, but that is life. Everything we had to do was fight to survive. I'll also include the innocent Zinghasts because they can be used as hostages. Alternatively, I can only destroy them one by one.

tbc..