Y3・゚✧*:・゚✧ Scares and secrets

Start from the beginning

The candles all went out at once. 

The only light now came from the silvery ghosts, who were drifting about talking seriously to the prefects, and the enchanted ceiling, which, like the sky outside, was scattered with stars. 

What with that, and the whispering that still filled the hall, Harry felt as though he were sleeping outdoors in a light wind. 

Once every hour, a teacher would reappear in the Hall to check that everything was quiet. 

Y/n shifted uncomfortably in her sleeping bag. She couldn't sleep that easy. 

The rustling sound snapped Harry from his daze, he turned to face Y/n and smiled softly.

"Can't sleep?" he whispered. 

Y/n shook her head in response, "Did I wake you?" she whispered back.

"No, I was already awake." Harry responded.

Harry dreamily stared at Y/n's glowing face in the moonlight, before he was interrupted by the girl herself. 

"Harry! It's rude to stare." Y/n whispered, snapping her fingers in front of his face.

He smiled and went very red as he shook out of his trance. 

The two looked at each other in silence.

Y/n slipped her hand into Harry's, he blushed a deep red and was glad it was quite dark. 

"I'm scared for you Harry, Black really sounds- psychotic.. I guess he can't be worse than voldy though, can he?" Y/n whispered. 

Harry snorted at the nickname, "Stop worrying, I'm immortal, remember?"

Y/n laughed softly, "Yeah, j-just promise me you'll be careful Harry, for me?" 

"Always." he whispered, interlocking his fingers with hers. 

She smiled and closed her eyes. 

Around three in the morning, when many students had finally fallen asleep, Professor Dumbledore came in.

Harry was in full attention now, he had been waiting for someone to return. 

He looked over to his side and saw Y/n fast asleep peacefully. 

Their hands still interlocked, held close to her face. He smiled at her at her peaceful face.

 Harry watched him looking around for Percy, who had been prowling between the sleeping bags, telling people off for talking.

Percy was only a short way away from Harry, Ron, and Hermione, who quickly pretended to be asleep as Dumbledore's footsteps drew nearer.

 "Any sign of him, Professor?" asked Percy in a whisper.

 "No. All well here?"

"Everything under control, sir." 

"Good. I've found a temporary guardian for the Gryffindor portrait hole. You'll be able to move them back in tomorrow." 

"And the Fat Lady, sir?" 

"Hiding in a map of Argyllshire on the second floor. She's still very distressed, but once she's calmed down, I'll have Mr. Filch restore her." 

"Headmaster?" called Snape, who had just walked in. 

 "The whole of the third floor has been searched. He's not there. And Filch has done the dungeons; nothing there either." 

"Very well, Severus. I didn't really expect Black to linger." 

"Have you any theory as to how he got in, Professor?" asked Snape.