Y3・゚✧*:・゚✧ Boggarts and Kittens

POA (Point of audience)

After a horrid potions lesson, the quartet had a few spare minutes before their first Defence Against The Dark Arts lesson.

"I'm excited to have our first lesson with Professor Lupin, never did thank him for that day on the train." Y/n said brightly. 

"Let's just hope he's up to it.. with Quirrell and Lockhart I never had a proper DADA lesson," Ron said. 

Hermione and Harry laughed in response. The four were walking around the grounds, soon, Lavender Brown came running up to them. 

"Y/n, Hermione, did you hear? They found the kittens!" she chimed.

She was referring to the kittens of the old black cat, Blackberry, who was seen often roaming around school grounds. News had spread like wildfire that she was going to have kittens, and everyone claimed one before they were gone. 

Lavender pulled Y/n and Hermione by the arms and began running, towards were a group of girls were crowded. 

Harry and Ron sped up and joined the crowd, and in front of them were 12 adorable kittens, the tiniest you'd ever seen. 

"Awww," Y/n said, kneeling down to them. 

"It's only fair Y/n gets the first pick, she claimed them first!" a Hufflepuff girl piped up.

"W-wait, I don't want to take them, what about their mother? What about Mcgonagall?" Y/n asked everyone worriedly. 

"Well, we got permission from Mcgonagall, and the kittens are now old enough to be away from their mother. But they'll still see her regularly on the grounds." a girl explained, waving a note up incase Filch pops out of nowhere. 

"Alright then, Mione, hold my book bag." Y/n said, giving Hermione her bag. 

Most of them were either black or white only. But Y/n saw one that stood out. 

It was a mix of black and white, a magpie kitten. With black on top and white under, it's paws white too. It had beautiful glimmering green eyes and was smaller compared to the others. 

"I'll have this one!" she said picking her up ever so slowly. 

It mewed softly and everyone let out an 'awww', she laughed softly. 

"What'll you name her Y/n?" Cho chang asked, "I'll name her.. (c/n)." Y/n said, stroking the small kitten. 

a/n~  (c/n): cat's name, I'll let you name the cat :) Also, sorry if you're allergic to them or you don't like them-

"Isn't she beautiful Harry?" Y/n asked happily when Harry pet the cat, he looked up at Y/n while she looked down at the kitten. "Yeah, she is." he said smiling. 

Y/n quickly jogged to her dorm and made a comfy bed for the kitten, after it had settled, she rushed to DADA with the others. 

- - - 

"Good afternoon," Professor Lupin called out to the class. "Would you please put all your books back in your bags. Today's will be a practical lesson. You will need only your wands."

A few curious looks were exchanged as the class put away their books. They had never had a practical Defense Against the Dark Arts class before, unless you counted the memorable class last year when their old teacher had brought a cageful of pixies to class and set them loose. 

"Right then," said Professor Lupin, when everyone was ready. "If you would all come here." Lupin was standing in front of a wardrobe, rattling slightly. All the tables and chairs had been pushed to the side, so there was a big empty space in the middle of the room for everyone to stand.