Y3・゚✧*:・゚✧ Black In The Castle

"No Harry I'm telling you, if you add some ginger in the lemon tea, in tastes much better!" Y/n said determinedly. 

"No, ginger makes it so bitter and spicy. It'll just ruin everything." Harry said, shaking his head. 

"Harry you haven't even given ginger a chance! Honestly, it's good for you!" Y/n snapped. 

"Maybe you should marry the ginger then, if you like it so much." Harry muttered with a smile on his face. 

"Harry, I swear to Merlin--"

Y/n stopped mid sentence as she stumbled down the stairs, clearly Harry arm wasn't ideal to hold onto for balance while walking backwards down the stairs.

"Do watch where you're going, Weasley!" 

Y/n winced, and stood up, dusting herself off. "Sorry, Professor." 

"I've just been looking for you Potter, well, here it is, we've done everything we could think of, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it at all — you've got a very good friend somewhere, Potter..." 

Harry's jaw dropped. She was holding out his Firebolt, and it looked as magnificent as ever. "I can have it back?" Harry said weakly. "Seriously?" 

"Seriously," said Professor McGonagall, and she was actually smiling. "I daresay you'll need to get the feel of it before Saturday's match, won't you? And Potter —do try and win, won't you? Or we'll be out of the running for the eighth year in a row, as Professor Snape was kind enough to remind me only last night..." 

Y/n and Harry turned to each other and squealed childishly, then sprinted up to the Gryffindor tower to tell Ron the good news. 

"She gave it to you? Excellent! Listen, can I still have a go on it? Tomorrow?" "

Yeah... anything at all..." said Harry, his heart lighter than it had been in a month. 

"You guys should make up with Hermione, she was only trying to help." said Y/n.

"Yeah, all right," said Ron. "She's in the common room now working — for a change." 

Listening intently to the conversation, Y/n felt lightheaded, she'd been feeling like this all day. She gazed around the room, everything blurry, Ron and Harry's voices fading out as she felt like she were falling. 

She had a hunch on what was causing her to feel like this, but she hoped she were wrong.

Slowly looking down to where her ring was, sure enough, it was glowing. It was also starting to burn. She had to get it off. 

"What's the matter?" asked Ron, turning around. 

"I-I don't know, my ring- it's been acting funny recently.." Y/n said. 

"Funny as in..?" Harry prompted, sitting next to her. 

"It's.. stinging me, and burning me, and it's making me feel all woozy. I really don't know if it's the ring or.." Y/n said, looking down. 

"It probably isn't the ring, it's you. This is what mum said would happen if you didn't drink enough water or stay under the bloody sun too long!" Ron said exasperated. 

"You're probably right, I'm fine now, let's go." Y/n responded laughing.

They turned into the corridor to Gryffindor Tower and saw Neville Longbottom, pleading with Sir Cadogan, who seemed to be refusing him entrance. 

"I wrote them down!" Neville was saying tearfully. "But I must've dropped them somewhere!" 

"A likely tale!" roared Sir Cadogan. Then, spotting Harry and Ron: "Good even, my fine young yeomen! Come clap this loon in irons. He is trying to force entry to the chambers within!"