Chapter 4

A week. It's been a week since I moved in with Aaron. Yes, it's been as awkward and full of tension as I had first imagined.

Everything, and I mean everything, that he has done annoyed me. The way he smirks that stupid, smart smirk. The way he is always right, about literally everything. The way his clever remarks ring in my ear.

But even more irritatingly, I've already broken a rule. 7. Don't think about him for too long. Already broken, he's constantly on my mind, irritating the shit out of me.

The door suddenly flings open, as an angry looking Aaron steps into the house. He mutters inaudible words, slamming things around in the kitchen.

Eventually, he reappears, slumping down onto the couch and clenching his fists.

"Who rocked your boat?" I ask, in a monotone style, still facing forward.

He lets out an annoyed grunt. "Fucking bastards." He spits. "Haven't fucking seen me in over a year and they treat me like this!"

I gulp silently, before cautiously turning to face him. "Who?"

"My parents." He hisses, tears welling up in his eyes. And now, I know that no matter how much I hate him, trying to make him feel better is my only reasonable option.

I carefully place my hand on his shoulder, he flinches at first but instantly calms down.

"Look, Aaron." I sigh. "As much as we don't get on, I have issues with my parents and if you wanna talk about it... I'm willing to listen."

He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes, obviously trying to hold back the tears. "I haven't seen them in over a year. But instead of being excited to see me... They were defensive and rude."

I begin to rub soothing circles onto his arm, in an attempt to release a little bit of tension.

"they just had a go at me. Saying that it's my fault that I haven't seen them." He shakes his head. "They have cars too, you know."

I nod my head, in understanding. "Its okay. I get it."

"But of course, India, aka. Miss Perfect has visited, many times. She's at university. She always visits." He sighs. "She has a silver lining. In fact, no. She has a gold lining. Wrong again, she's made of pure gold."

I chuckle a little. India is Aaron's sister, she's only one year younger than him. She was always a little know it all, even then. "India huh, she still amazing as always?"

"She's better than ever." He states, sarcastically. "How's Wyatt?"

As you may've guessed, Wyatt is my brother, he's eighteen in November and is a total dick. Especially when it comes to girls, he treats them like shit.

"He's a total prick." I sigh, removing my hand from Aaron's shoulder and placing it in my lap. "Thinks he's a bomb."

He smirks slightly. "Same old Wyatt."

I nod in response, before we're both engulfed in the awkward silence that we both seem to be oh too familiar with.

"I'm gonna head to bed. Are you okay?" I ask, standing up and raising a brow.

He stands up too and smiles at me a little. "So am I and yes, I'm fine."

We both make a beeline for our rooms and shut the doors.

I collapse onto the soft bed and let out a sigh, that's another rule broken. 4.Don't go within a meters radius of him. Too late.

I plug the earphones into my phone and place them in my ears, closing my eyes and trying to sleep.

-----

I am awoken by a loud bang and a slight groan of pain. "FUCK." Someone exclaims.

I jolt up, from my bed and rush into the kitchen. Aaron sits on the counter top, holding his foot with a look of pain on his face.

"What was that?" I ask, as Aaron shoots up to look at me.

"Dropped a pan on my foot." He states, through gritted teeth.

I chuckle a little and take the pan from him. "Why were you using a pan at seven in the morning?"

"I wanted pancakes." He shakes his head. "I always get up this early."

I sigh and giggle under my breath, before placing the pan on the side. "Be careful."

He tuts as I walk out of the kitchen, into the living room, onto the sofa.

I hear a few clatters and bangs from the kitchen. But nothing too loud.

Then, all of a sudden, I hear a loud yell. "AHHHHHH!!!!"