Chapter 2

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Hello everybody,

So, up there is Aaron 👆 and as I've said before, I'll upload a picture of whoever you guys want. Just don't be afraid to ask.

•••••

After Aaron had moved away, I was forced to sit alone, mostly in my bed, watching Netflix and eating chips.

Of course, being the stubborn person I am, I had to move to New York alone also. So I began hopefully searching for cheap flats over there.

It took five years for me to follow through with my plan but with luck, an extremely cheap deal came up. It included living in an apartment, near to the Statue of Liberty. But the catch was that it was a shared accommodation. Me being Daisy Brookes, hadn't given a second thought to who the housemate would be and I accepted the deal.

Two weeks later, I had flown over to New York and moved into the apartment.

I had noticed that a boy would surely live here, due to the fact that it wasn't very well decorated and there was a huge collection of Xbox games stacked upon the shelves.

Much to my dismay, the boy who entered the apartment that night was none other than Aaron White... The very boy who had made me hate him five years earlier.

And that's how I ended up here, staring at him with shock and hatred in my eyes.

He stares back with much the same look of shock, mixed in with hatred. Not that he had a reason to hate me. I guess old habits die hard, he was still a stubborn freak.

"What're you doing here?" He asks, his eyes still intently fixed on mine.

"I signed up to live here." I splutter. "Shared accommodation."

"Oh." He nods, breaking the stare and scanning the room.

All that whorls through my swimming pool of a mind, over flowing with anger is the awkwardness. The agonising awkwardness which seems to have engulfed both Aaron and I.

"I'm gonna head to bed." I state, emotionlessly.

"It's only like eight o'clock." He says after me.

"I'd rather sit in my room than with you any day." I hiss, before turning back around and retreating to my room.

"Okay, you're still an awkward little shit then." He mutters, only just loud enough for me to hear.

"Okay, you're still a childish little fuck then." I mock, before storming off into my room.

I let out a loud sigh, before slumping down into the bed and browsing my phone.

Hours seem to pass and all I can do I lie awake. You see, I have insomnia. It seems to take a turn for the worse if I'm thinking too much. And right now, my mind is spinning.

The only thing that can help with my insomnia is music, calming music to listen to as I fall asleep. But my earphones are in one of my coat pockets and there's not a chance that I'm going out into the living room with Sir Doucherlot.

So instead of facing my fears, I stare at the ceiling and overthink my entire life.

That's when Aaron peers around my door. "Stupid?" He whispers. "You awake?"

I groan and turn on the lamp. "Don't you knock?"

"Do you still have insomnia?" He asks, with that intrigued look on his face, the same look that I had to tell myself was not hot, when we were in high school.

"Yes." I spit. "Why?"

"You left these on the table." He sighs, throwing my earphones at me, forcefully.

"Thanks." I state, irritatedly.

"Just so you know." He starts. "You can be such a bitch, Daisy."

"Fuck off Aaron. Incase you haven't guessed, I hate you." I scoff, plugging my earphones into my phone and placing them in my ear.

He murmurs something, but it sounds inaudible to me.