It's probably fake.

Why would he care?

"Huh?" I said dumbly.

"You're crying," He said, nodding to me as I quickly felt my cheeks.

I was.

It's because you're so weak.

"Oh..., sorry," I muttered, whipping away my tears with the sleeve of my shirt.

"Don't be. I was asking, do you want to move in with me? I can take you out of the system," Colin said, brushing off the shocked look that I gave him.

"What?" I whispered, not believing him at all.

"I mean, I had a few friends who grew up in the foster system. And all the things that they told me about it I don't want you to go though. I live in the mountains, it's beautiful there and I'm sure you would like it," Colin said, doing his best to convince me.

"Why?" I asked, my voice slightly horse.

"What do you mean?" He returned.

"Why do you want to help me?" I asked, twiddling with my straw.

"Because I've been in a similar situation to you," Colin said, making me look at him in confusion, "something permanent was something I desperately needed. I don't know if you are the same so I'm giving you an option."

Colin shrugged and I took a shaky breath.

"I've never believed in anything permanent, but I've always wanted a permanent home," I admitted, making my brother nod in understanding.

"I've never had someone I could look up too, I had people I didn't want to be like," Colin said, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"Like our parents?" I asked and Colin nodded with a small smile, "Can you tell me what happened to them?"

Colin nodded again before taking a deep breath, our drinks going cold.

"Our mother left our dad and I when I was 9, I believe within a week later she found out she was pregnant with you. I don't know why she didn't come back, at least until you were born. I wish I knew honestly," Colin sighed, messing with the zipper on the sleeve of his leather jacket.

"Our mother had always been an alcoholic, and our father had - is still today - an addict. My guess is that it runs in the family, because when I was a teenager I got addicted too which is one of the reasons I went to prison," I nodded when he paused a bit, to show that I understood.

He was clean now, and that was what mattered.

"Do you want to meet my foster family?" I blurted out randomly, making Colin smile softly.

"Of course," He responded with a genuine smile.

"And what did he say after that!?" Lincoln asked, a huge grin on his face as he sat cross legged in front of me. I was laying on my back on his bed in our shared room. My head was handing off the side of the bed to I could see him.

"He said that he only had people he didn't want to be like in his life and that's how he grew up," I said, shrugging, "And then he said that he didn't want me to be like that."

"Awe, that's sweet," My best friend said, making me roll my eyes and sit up, "I heard from mom and dad that he's coming over for dinner tonight."

"Yeah, I don't even know why I offered him that. I don't know what kind of mood your parents will be in then." I sighed, putting my head in my hands.