t h i r t y - s e v e n

Start from the beginning

"A definite answer hurts though. It's— It's like it confirms everything. Like it stops here." Jeongguk admitted. "I had this same feeling when I was there, before I left like a crybaby." He opened. "It felt like . . . It felt . . ."

"Like a breakup, right?" Jungkook finished, already having a clue.

Jeongguk scoffed, nodding regardless to give an answer. Stupid twin code. "And it really hurts."

Jungkook understood but, "Why force yourself to give it a chance if you can't? I want to, I'm willing to look past that but you. Me and you, we aren't the same." He placed his hand on his brother's shoulder, patting it.

The elder twin nodded and ran his fingers through his black hair, huffing to himself. He didn't even know what to say. His heart was aching.

"And . . . If in the future your heart mends," Jungkook made his brother look at him, showing his empathy. "Then you can give him the shot he wants. But now—"

"But now I don't want to." Jeongguk said with a faint shake of his head. "I think I'm happier without being paranoid he's going to hurt me again. I believe he won't but I don't trust him." He put into perspective. "I love him,"

"Always will,"

"But I think it's best that him and I are like this. I think it's best we remain apart." Jeongguk answered. "Because all this does it hurt. All this is is pain."

"And that's okay." Jungkook spoke softly. "You're okay."

"I'm okay." Jeongguk repeated. "And you," He began. "You're going to try it again?" He cocked his brow ever so slightly, awaiting an answer from his twin.

Jungkook smiled purely, nodding his head. "I can see how sorry he is and I can feel my heart like I did when I was young. Seeing him brought back every warming emotion he's ever given me."

"Then that's that, huh?" Jeongguk asked, feeling his eyes sting but he didn't let any tears fall. Instead, he let a deep breath leave his chest, a breath that he felt like he hung onto for years.

"Then that's that." Repeated Jungkook. "Only thing now is to tell Taehyung and to progress our lives from there."

Jeongguk slowly nodded, feeling a blooming sense of euphoria building inside the cold barriers of his chest.

He blinked back his tears and looked away from his identical twin brother, gulping. He was nervous but it felt so right.

Jungkook and Taehyung could be together and he could get the closure he thrived for; the closure that would help build back a friendship and reside the endless amounts of anger and rage. Endless but somehow finally came to a close.

     "I'm sorry I let my anger speak a lot but I'm as calm as can be right now and I meant everything I said." Jeongguk said as his eyes locked with Taehyung's. "It fucking hurts," He felt the sting in his eyes again. "But I really think it's best this way; us as friends."

Taehyung wiped his eyes and nodded. "Just one thing, please," He said, seeing as Jeongguk waited expectantly. The man wasn't sure what else could he added but he was willing to hear the other out, especially since Taehyung heard him.

     The elder stood up and wrapped his arms around Jeongguk, hugging him close to his chest and being engulfed by warmth.

The peace it brought. Nothing will ever compare to the feeling of being let go; the feeling of what felt to be freedom from the constant negative thoughts and heartache.