Annabeth shakes her head, recognizing the voices. "That was Chris Rodriguez and Ethan Nakamura," she whispers, earning a nod from Percy.

"We already know that Luke's been recruiting," he says, "so we have to expect more than just them and the others who took Grover." Percy jumps, startled, as Tyson hurriedly scoots across from the half-bloods, his backpack rattling loudly as he looks around. Percy and Annabeth both hush him as (Y/N) warily stands up, ignoring the other three.

"This is a nice boat," Tyson says, and Annabeth rolls her eyes, returning her focus to Percy.

"How are we gonna find Grover?" she whispers, and (Y/N) gulps slightly as she looks ahead of her.

Hanging over the edge of the boat for her to see, on the far end of the room, is part of a scorpion's tail that is nearly as long as her entire body. She instantly knows what it is.

"Guys?" she mutters, getting no acknowledgement.

Percy sighs, thinking before answering Annabeth's question. "Luke's probably keeping him below deck... somewhere. Like, in a brig."

Tyson nods in agreement as Annabeth furrows her eyebrows.

"I don't think yachts have brigs, Percy," the daughter of Athena whispers.

"Yeah, cool, cool; that's cool and all, whoop whoop," (Y/N) interjects, watching tentatively as the tail moves up out of sight. "But it looks like we've got another thing to worry about right now."

"Like what?" Percy asks, following her line of sight to see nothing of concern.

"Like a Manticore," she says, looking at the group with a sardonic smile.

Annabeth curses under her breath.

Percy nods, eyes wide. "Okay," he breathes out, blinking a few times before snapping out of his worry. "We'll be fine. Come on."

(Y/N) scoffs as he jogs over to and up the staircase without heeding her protests. Annabeth groans in frustration before following, and Tyson sniffs the air before hesitating.

"Um, guys? It smells kinda weird," he says, hugging his arms to himself nervously.

(Y/N) furrows her brow, every nerve in her body now on high alert.

"Look," Annabeth sighs, turning around frustratedly and gesturing to the stairwell behind her, "if it bothers you that much, you can stay there. If not, you can come scout. Not a big deal either way." (A somewhat false statement, that was, as Annabeth had begun developing an even stronger tendency to be annoyed at the bare minimum of Tyson's actions.) "(Y/N)'s staying"—(this claim, however, was true; the girl has her feet planted firmly on the ship's floor, her arms crossed as she waits with anticipation)—"and we're scouting. Your choice."

Tyson glances uncertainly at the daughter of Persephone, who shrugs at him with a look that clearly reads, 'She's putting it a little harshly, but yeah. It's up to you.'. Scrunching up his nose, Tyson climbs a few steps behind Annabeth, doing his best to stay quiet.

Percy crouches low to the stairs, slowly raising his head above them to watch as people mill around a large, tarp-covered object in the saloon.

He lowers his head when someone speaks. "Be careful, you guys," Chris says, adjusting the tarp to completely cover the item. "He said to keep your distance."

"How much longer are we gonna be on this boat, anyway?" a girl asks, and Chris scoffs.

"Doesn't matter, just watch it."

When the air begins to completely stink, Tyson looks to his side, the gaps in the staircase's rail allowing him to see a creature that would be straight out of someone's nightmares. Its near-eight feet tall and hulking, muscled figure is a pale grey; hair is coarse and white; and face appears to have been intended to be human, only it was carved by someone who had no skill with a chisel and lacked the slightest idea of what a human face was supposed to look like. It sets down the large case in its hands with a deep grunt, and Tyson's breaths quicken with fear.