eighteen

AHAHA I'M BACK BITCHES

okay so!

seeing as it may be the first of a few i'm very sorry for the brief hiatus! it was one of those situations i mentioned a few chapters back where i'd have to hold off on writing and uploading, but here you go :)

again, i'm sorry for the wait!
✺✺✺

Percy knocks on the door in front of him, waiting for two seconds before it opens. Grover looks at his best friend, taking into account the backpack on his shoulder and the hesitant smile on his face.

"This is a bad idea," Grover shakes his head, leaning against the doorframe.

"You don't even know what I was gonna say!" Percy responds, and his best friend rolls his eyes.

"You were gonna say that you're going after the Fleece to save the camp," Grover challenges, stepping outside and making Percy back up.

He turns to the side when Annabeth steps forward, a backpack slung on each shoulder and a confident smirk on her face. "Actually, he was going to say we were," she informs, and Grover grits his teeth before sighing.

"Look," he grabs Percy's elbow, walking down the steps of the cabin while addressing him, "I get what you're doing here. You're worried about the one-quest-and-one-tournament-wonder thing, and you wanna fix that. But Ichneutae and Clarisse are already going after the Fleece, and it's not cool to bogart on someone else's quest!"

Percy sighs, holding his hands up to pause Grover. "I think this is my quest, too," he says, and Annabeth continues:

"The Oracle says he wrestles Luke for the Fleece."

"'Grapples'," Percy corrects, shaking his head before brushing it off. "B- but she— wait, is it a she?"

"It's... the Oracle of Delphi," Annabeth says, very helpfully.

"It used to be a she," Grover follows, shrugging.

"Yeah, but it's a godsforsaken skeleton now," Percy counters, shaking his head to get back on track. "Anyway, sorry. She, they, it, whatever— also said... that I'm destined to help destroy Olympus or save it."

Grover's eyes widen slightly at the words before he slumps in resignation. "Saving's better, obviously," he agrees, and Percy nods.

"Yeah."

"Okay, what about (Y/N), though?" the satyr asks, looking between Percy and Annabeth. "You'd better not tell me that we're going without her because if we do, we're dead meat. Literally! Like, no offense, guys, but I'd become a shish kebab without her there."

"Already figured it out," Percy assures, and Annabeth steps forward.

"She's on duty right now and her shift ends soon." She gestures to the extra (Y/F/C) backpack on her left shoulder. "We'll be able to grab her before she leaves."

Grover sighs, slightly more reassured. "All right," he says, still fairly dejected about the whole situation. "Let me pack a bag and make sure my health insurance is paid up." Percy and Annabeth share an amused glance as the satyr makes his way back up the steps and into the cabin, slamming the door behind him.

Their brows furrow in concern at the frustrated yell that sounds from inside, and it goes quiet for a few minutes before Grover steps out again, now dressed to hide his legs and horns with a confident smile on his face, backpack on his shoulders, and crutches in hand. "Let's go!" he says, looking at his best friends and pausing at their confused expressions. "What?"