Chapter- 23: Bound by Spells

Start from the beginning

"I could've led a normal life. But not killing you costed me my peaceful life and now I am stuck serving him for the rest of my life." He said with grief, as if I should feel sympathetic for him that this poor man could not kill me and the rest of my family.But the thing that attracted my attention was who was the person whom he was indebted to?

"Who ordered you to kill us and who are you serving now?" I asked him. At this he looked at me with a smirk on his face, slowly approaching me as if a Predator stalking his prey. He crouched down in front of me so that he was now at my eye level.

"You have changed a lot Rachel. I miss the sweet Naive Rachel who used to be so love struck that she didn't even apply her brain around me. But I must say, I am starting to like and feel a little irritated by this new version of you......Why do you think that I killed Mills?" He said without breaking eye contact and plastering a sweet and similar smile which I used to adore in the past but now I know that just like him, his smile was also fake and just a means to brainwash me.

"So that you wouldn't be able to get any information from him sweetie." He continued. I could feel my calm composure slipping away as he kept on speaking. I was trying to use my vampire strength to break out of the chains and I could even hear cracks from them. But before I could free myself completely, Carlos said something that knocked the breath out of me.

" I know what you are trying to do. Don't bother if you want to see Stephan Alive." He said while backing away from me and casually walking around the room. I felt my heart starting to race. The only thing I feared most is about to come true.

"I will KILL you before you touch him." I screamed even though my breaths were coming out ragged. He knew me well to know that I was afraid and he had complete control of the situation. Even though I feared for Steph's life but All I wanted to do at that moment was to Kill that bastard.

"Oh sweetie...before you can do anything he will be dead in front of you. Just like....What was his name?...Ahh.....Alex. I never even Liked that guy." he laughed like a maniac. The anger which filled my chest was nothing as compared to before, my body was vibrating from all the pent up anger.

"Dont. You. Dare. Say. His. Name." I said in a low tone with my teeth clenched together and nails digging in my fists behind my back drawing out blood from my palms.

"Calm down sweetie. You wouldn't want me to hurt you." He kept his distance from me as if unsure of my strength. He ordered his man something inaudibly. Before long, the man came in but he was dragging something with him, the sound of metal and something heavy being dragged echoed throughout the empty room.

It was a few rays of light from the broken windows that illuminated the doorway when I saw a body being dragged across the floor with chains dangling from it's arms and legs. It wasn't long enough when I noticed that the body being so harshly dragged was none other than my Stephan. His shirt was torn apart and Blood covered his face and arms as he laid there in a dreamless sleep.The man dragged his body to the center of the room and left him there.

"STEPHAN!!! WAKE UP!!!" I screamed hoping he would respond to my voice. It felt like the same night when Alex took his last breath in my arms. I wasn't able to breathe. I felt my airways getting blocked.

{Aurora- Rachel!!! Calm Down... He is Alive. I can feel his faint heartbeat.} My wolf, Aurora said to me. These words were the most calming words I ever heard. Atleast I have the time to save him.

{ Rachel: But why is he not healing??}

{Aurora: I don't know. I tried to mind-link Jacob but I not able to.}

{Rachel: We should shift, they won't be able to handle us.}

{Aurora: I cannot. Something is stopping me} Whatt?? Why are we not able to shift?