Chapter 9 - A Psycho For The Psyclone

Start from the beginning

"Hey Melissa," Donny froze inside, awaiting her frightening turn to respond. He couldn't believe he actually said something to her. The pain inside him was increasing so badly that he felt like he wanted to start crying for his mommy like a two year old over something completely absurd, but that would only embarrass him further so there was no choice but to hold it in.

Melissa obviously didn't hear him even though the droning whir was very low, Donny was miserably quieter. The blond girl looked over at him not knowing he was waiting for a response so she stared at him for a minute. Melissa saw a weirdo who was just standing there looking at her as if he was absorbing in a quick mugshot of her. She gave him a strange look like she was confused. 

'Gross,' was probably the first thing she thought when she looked at him as Donny thought to himself. He down-casted his eyes and walked away like the pathetic, hopeless person he was. Melissa saw no one special, and Donny saw no connection between himself and her. No matter how much he wished there could be a chance of happiness by thinking of how much they could converse and care for each other like family, the feeling of no connection always barricaded the way. At that small moment, Donny gave up and just decided to stay to the shadows.

__________

Donny was sitting at a lunch table alone. Normally he'd sit in the corner away from everyone else but Melissa was sitting at the next table in front of him with two other boys. He wanted to watch her. Watching her and fantasizing was the closest he'd ever thought he'd get with her. He took a bite of his sandwich and kept staring at her then glanced around a couple of times, away from her, so he wouldn't appear as a creep.

A three quarter back view of her was all he could spy on, and a few moments, a side view when she'd face her two friends sitting on the right of her. Melissa's dark skin looked very warm and healthy with a slight strip of freckles just below her bronze eyes that appeared to be a bit lidded when relaxed.

She turned back to her food as she was done talking to her friends, but all Donny could see was her beautiful features. Her short hair hanging evenly around her jaw line, her tiny triangular hair intakes just above her forehead, her skin, eyes, all so beautiful to him.

Melissa was done with her food and so were the other two boys. The group of three all stood up and threw their trash away. Donny wasn't done but he didn't care, he was going to chase after her so he did the same thing, only from a distance.

Melissa stood with her friends in the hallway next to some apartment rooms far away from her's. They conversed together with her getting involved only sometimes and other times not even paying attention to them. Donny found her spot where she hung out at lunch. He was located behind a stack full of armored military crates on a wooden pallet, hiding behind it but peeking at Melissa.

Every now and then, when she wasn't talking, she'd play with a bit of molded metal that stuck to a metal pillar holding a catwalk just above the apartments. She was almost awkward herself but she was more of a casual introvert. It made Donny like her even more knowing that there could be something in common. A general connection that they'd probably never talk about but that stuck out as a small sign of chance. However, Donny was too shy to encounter her, it just made him think of more fun fantasies with her. It created a small smile on his face without him even knowing.

He dreamed of just being able to hang with her privately and talk about everyday stuff. Donny wanted friend who'd be sympathetic towards him, who'd hug him if he needed it, who'd listen and help him through his hard times in life as he'd so the same for her, but more importantly, someone to love. Donny would think into the future where they would spend time together.

Once out of his fantasies, he saw Melissa look straight at him. He knew that he was staring into space but while he did it, he was staring at her like a drooling dog. The second he noticed, he pulled himself behind the metal crates so she didn't see him peek at her anymore.