Breaking the routine

The next week went methodically. Waking up, showering, consuming breakfast, getting back to work, skipping lunch, having dinner while watching a movie or reading a book, and then going to sleep. Castiel was a part of his routine too. Dean chatted with him while having breakfast, Castiel helped Dean with writing, well, not exactly help, but distracted him, mostly, by trying to have a conversation. Eventually, those conversations turned from anything random to books. And finally, when it was time for dinner, Dean and Castiel sat together and watched a movie, or, they read a book.

But the routine broke today. Castiel basically kicked Dean out of his own house, to go and buy some groceries so he could make healthy food, and not just eat junk food anytime he's hungry. Dean tried to argue his way out but failed.

Castiel shoved a grocery bag into Dean's hand, "GO AND GET SOME HEALTHY FOOD TO EAT. VEGETABLES, FRUIT, ANYTHING HEALTHY."

Dean grunted, "Fine fine, if you say so."

Castiel closed the door. Dean sighed and started walking towards the grocery store. At first, he debated on whether or not he should take the Impala, his car, with him, but then settled on walking to the store instead.

Can an imagination even kick you out of the house? He thought to himself, How can Cas kick me out of my own house? After a lot of thinking about how Castiel may have done it, he finally reached his destination. He opened the door and walked in. There were so many rows. He never understood grocery shopping. What was he supposed to do? Just pick a row and then select a random thing from a random shelf?

He sighed. On the left side of the wall, he saw a sign that said "Fruits and Vegetables" That's what Cas wanted me to buy. He walked towards it. There were so many different items in front of him, capsicum, cauliflower, tomatoes, potatoes, corn, he was getting confused. After a lot of thinking, he decided to buy some tomatoes, potatoes, onion, and corn. He moved on towards the dairy section which was just beside the fruits and vegetables. That's when he ran into another man.

The man was tall, had long chestnut brown hair, and was wearing an outfit similar to Dean.

Dean grinned up at him, "Hiya Sammy."

Sam was shocked, but managed to smile, "Hey. You know, there's a possibility of me running into Rihanna, here, more than you."

Dean rolled his eyes, "Whatever. Anyways, how you doin' Sammy. Oh, and how's Rubyyy."

"She's fine." Dean heard a voice say from behind him. He turned around to see a woman smiling up at him. Dean recognized the t-shirt she was wearing, he had bought Sam the same one. That's when he put it all together. She was wearing Sam's shirt. He grinned, "You must be Ruby."

"Yupp. And from what I've heard, you must be Dean Winchester."

"Yeah, and what do you mean by 'from what I've heard?' What exactly has he told you about me?"

"Oh, don't worry, it's all the good stuff. And some other stuff."

Sam chuckled awkwardly, "Ookay, change of topics."

Dean shook his head, smiling, and asked, "Well, since we're all here, let's shop together. If... You guys are okay with that."

"Yeah, sure," Ruby said. But Sam's smile faltered.

Dean, sensing Sam's uneasiness, asked, "What?"

"It's not just me and Ruby shopping together..."

"What do you mean?" Dean asked, oblivious of what Sam was trying to say.

Sam sighed, "Mom and dad are here too."

Dean froze. He remembered the last time he had visited them. A year and a half ago: