Hello, Dean.

Dean sobbed into his palms as he stood in the shower. He tried to forget the pain that had penetrated through him when he had heard his parents talk about him. Not the good things.

He tried to be the perfect 10 year old son that his parents expected him to be, but he couldn't. Maybe he was just too much of a broken person to be put back together. What was he supposed to do? Not stand up for his brother in school? Just let him be bullied? Cause if being perfect meant not standing up for Sam and saving him from the harsh reality of the outside world, then to hell with perfect. He would be much happier being the broken kind of perfect.

Sam had knocked a few times to check in on Dean. He had been in the shower for over an hour now. "I'm alright, Sammy." He had said, to put his 7 year old brother at ease.

"Hello, Dean." A voice occured. It was a child's voice. A boy. Dean froze, "Wh- who's it...?" He said quietly.

"I'm... Castiel. Please don't be scared of me. I'm a child too... I'm not here to hurt you." The boy's tone was the kindest tone Dean had heard anyone talk to him with in a while now. "But... Why are you here? How did you even get here...?" Dean turned around. The first thing Dean noticed about Castiel were his hair. They were so messy, and so dark... Like he was hiding something beneath them. Castiel's eyes were the second thing he had noticed. Even in the fog created due to the shower, in the bathroom, he could see the bright blue eyes of Castiel. They were deep, like the ocean.

"I'm... An angel." Castiel said nervously.  His cheeks turning slightly pink with embarrasment. He stepped outside, grabbed a towel, and gave it to Dean. Dean immediately wrapped it around his waist.

"A what?" Dean narrowed his brows, trying to understand what Castiel was exactly trying to say. He had a wierd name though. What kind of parents named their kid Castiel? Apparently, his did.

"Ang-el...? You have heard of those, right? Look, I know that you are concerned as to how I got in here..."

"My concern is why you got in here... You look like a mature dude. And from the way you speak, you are either really crazy or just really clever. And if you're clever then you probably know that breaking into someone's house is illegal. So why are you here, Castiel?"

Castiel furrowed his brows, tilting his head as he did so, "I'm just 10. And dad said 10 year olds aren't mature. So no, I'm not mature. And I didn't break into your house either..."

Dean rolled his eyes, "Then how did you get in?"

"Wings. As I said, I'm an angel. And I'm here to watch over you, make sure you're alright." If Dean was in any other situation right now, he would've thought of how cute Castiel's voice is. The innocence of a child still in there. But Dean was starting to grow suspicious of this Castiel. How could he be an angel? They're just myths...

"I don't believe you." Dean said, as simply as possible. He opened the door, and started walking towards his room. Castiel followed him.

"But... I'm not lying..." Dean could hear the tremble in Castiel voice, and he felt a ping at his heart. Dammit.

Dean sighed, "Okay then, fine, you're an angel. But what are you doing here?"

Castiel started walking towards Dean and then hugged him. Dean was taken aback. "Um... Cas..? What are you doing?"

Castiel pulled back, and narrowed his brows, "My name is Castiel...."

"I know. I just shortened it cause it was too long. But... Why did just hug me?"

Castiel smiled, and Dean, for some reason, decided then and there that it was the second prettiest smile he had seen. Sam's was the first one. "Gabriel, my brother, told me that hugging was how humans showed affection."