Part One

It was a slow day at Muppet Central, the complex that used to be the New Avengers Facility in upstate New York before it was granted ownership to Kermit and the rest of the Muppets gang

            It was a slow day at Muppet Central, the complex that used to be the New Avengers Facility in upstate New York before it was granted ownership to Kermit and the rest of the Muppets gang. Most of everyone was out on gigs, running errands, or simply unwinding. Some stayed around Central, doing their own unique thing around the complex.

            Gonzo, ironically, was bored out of his mind.

            He could've come up with another inane stunt. With all that the Avengers left behind in the facility, he was like a kid in a candy store. Trying on one of Tony Stark's Iron Man suits and seeing how far he could shoot himself into space? It was worth the possible chance of exploding before he even reached the troposphere.

            The more he thought about, the more he wanted to actually do it.

            But, in searching for the room where Stark housed all of the suits, Gonzo happened on quite the eye-catcher: a display of Captain America's gear, including his iconic star-spangled shield.

            "Whoa!" the weirdo gasped.

            "Step away from the display!" a familiar voice with an air of gruff strictness demanded him. Gonzo turned to see Sam the Eagle approach with that stern glare he always had in his eyes, framed by his bushy unibrow.

            "I wasn't touching anything," Gonzo defended himself. "I was just looking at it!"

            "Well, look from a 12-foot distance!" Sam ordered. "Captain Rogers himself explicitly left me in charge of everything in this display – the shield being the most important of them all!"

            Gonzo stood amazed. "Wow, Sam. Cap really had a lot of trust in you. Makes sense, I suppose, being his personal friend and all. You're like the second guy he's friends with who goes by 'Sam'."

            "Correction: I am the first guy he's friends with who goes by 'Sam'."

            Gonzo's eyelids rose to the back of his head

            Gonzo's eyelids rose to the back of his head. "You mean to tell me you were friends with Cap even before he was frozen in ice?! Well, now you've gotta tell me everything!" He pulled up the nearest stool he could find and sat down.