NRT → CDG

Her modest black heels clacked against the smooth tile surface, her sleek, functional suitcase rolled behind her as she made her way through the crowded airport. She wasn't in a rush per se, but her pace indicated she had somewhere to be. Hinata Hyuuga always valued being on time, and being early was on time in her book.

Even when she was in a rush, Hinata always made a point to smile and wave at all the security guards and cashiers as she passed; she had a reputation as the most polite and friendly flight attendant at Narita International Airport.

She flashed her badge at the flight crew security checkpoint before placing her suitcase on a conveyor belt. Stepping through the standard metal detector, she made friendly conversation with one of her favorite guards, Kiba.

"Where you off to this morning?" he asked.

"A nonstop to Paris, so it'll be a long day," she replied. "But Sakura and Ino are also on the crew list, so it should be a fun one. We have two days, before the next flight so maybe I'll get to do some exploring too."

"Ohh, well you better bring me back a souvenir then!" Kiba teased.

"I'll see what I can find," Hinata smiled, grabbing her suitcase off the conveyor belt and heading toward their assigned gate.

Grabbing a clipboard from behind the desk, she reviewed her preflight checklist. Hinata enjoyed being a flight attendant, she liked rules and having specific procedures to follow. It made things easy and helped her feel in control. Of course, the perk of traveling around the world was nice too!

She had been to Paris twice before, but both times were only small layovers, never enough to leave the airport and explore, so she was really looking forward to the downtime she would get there. She even scouted a few cafes to checkout and brushed up on her French.

When she boarded the aircraft to double check their inventory, she found her fellow flight attendants, Sakura and Sai, already there. The commercial airliner was massive, eight seats wide in the coach section, with two near each side window and four in the center aisle. Hinata wasn't used to these huge planes, despite them being the norm for long haul international flights.

For the most part, she worked a lot of domestic flights or the shorter international flights to nearby Asian countries. It was only recently she started taking more of the long-distance international flights. That's how she met a certain handsome, blonde pilot who seemed to specialize in them.

"Where's Ino?" she asked.

"Probably late...again!" Sakura sassed as she restocked a snack cart.

"I heard that!" Ino's familiar voice shouted from the doorway as she rushed onto the plane. "In fact, I'm..." she looked down at her watch, "right on time!" Sakura just rolled her eyes and continued her task.

The four of them spent the next half hour working together to complete all their preflight prep and safety checks. Sakura and Ino were some of Hinata's favorite people to work with, but when they were together they often bickered. Sai was usually quiet, but he was good at his job so Hinata liked working with him too.

"Okay, ready?" Ino asked as the four flight attendants gathered in a circle, all nodding at the ready.

"Rock, Paper, Scissors!" they chanted in unison, before throwing out a hand sign.

"Yes!" Sakura cheered in victory.

Ino pouted and crossed her arms, "It's not fair! You always get first class!" Sakura stuck her tongue out.

Hinata shrugged. It was nice tending to first class, mostly because there were fewer passengers and there was a greater possibility of getting tipped, but she really didn't mind coach. She was too excited about their destination to really care.