"I did say that, but I have an idea for this ring... Besides, I talked to Lloyd about what she likes in jewelry and she doesn't like open rings like that one..."

"Then... what about this one? I think it's made out of silver."

"It is, but it's too simple

"It is, but it's too simple. It needs to practically capture her very existence and she is anything BUT simple. The diamonds look real, maybe I can sell them later? I will melt this down and use it as a base for her."

"Okay... How about this? It has a lot of patterns!"

 How about this? It has a lot of patterns!"

"..."

"Yes?"

"Questionable... but she has a way with things..."

"What does that mean?"

Cole took the ring into his hand.

"I've seen her straighten her collar so the tag is in the middle as well as the clasp... She might lose her mind over a ring like this... The layering does give me an idea..."
Cole took a pencil and quickly sketched an idea then showed it to his father.
"What do you think?"

He could see it now. He saw how serious Cole was about this which reminded Lou when he was judging a performer's movement. He blinked away more joyous tears this time.

"It looks beautiful, Cole," he said while patting his son's head. "I'm sure she'd love not only at face value but because it came from you."

Cole smiled as he looked at the ring in his hand. He couldn't wait to get to work on the ring. He just needed a little bit more before he was ready to make it...

Later, Aloy had calmed down as she wrapped a towel around her neck. Once she rubbed her face, she frowned.

"Mother fucker," she said as she saw her makeup on the towel. "Tsk... whatever..."

Aloy rubbed her face with the towel removing as much makeup as she could before she made her way to her room to change and shower before dinner hoping that since it was Kai's turn to cook, he wouldn't do spicy dishes again.

Ok the way there, Cole had crashed into her causing them to fall. Aloy was under him.

"I'm sorry... W-what happened?"

Aloy's face had three scars across her mouth and one big one that went over her right eye.

"Don't worry about it," mumbled Aloy as she turned away.

"Aloy, who did this to you?"

"W-w-why would you care?"

"Because whoever did this to you is most likely a cruel person! Did they make your right eye blind?!"

By now they were sitting up as Cole held her shoulders. He noticed that a faint blush was creeping upon her face making him blush.

"No... I c'n see..."

"Phew. That's one thing less to worry about, but who did this to you?"

Aloy still looked away blushing...

"...Harumi... She asked me ta be 'er girlfriend afta she scared Lloyd... I told 'er dat I don't date humans who abused my fam... She took 'er jade blade 'n' made it like what ya see taday... Told me dat no guy would love me fer my face now..."
It was official. Cole hated Harumi.
"I wanna shower bufore dinner..."

"Oh! Right. Sorry," said Cole as he helped her up. "But before you go, I have a question and a request."

"Hm?"

"Where's the others? Kai's the only morphling here besides you."

"Dey're searchin' fee clues on where my half-sister Skylar 'n' Zane's future wife Pixel be hidin'..."

"Zane's getting married?!"

"No, it's mainly a joke... But 'e loves Pixel ta bits..."

"Oh. Speaking of love... is it possible to maybe... NOT have makeup on?"

"I'm unsure what you're tryin' ta say..."

"Like... I never understood why girls use thick layers of makeup when they're already so pretty. Even the 'ugly' girls. Underworld, if anything, scars are cool and if I had a girlfriend with scars, I'd kiss every scar she had."

Aloy ran away from Cole slamming her room shut. Cole was confused as to why she ran... Maybe he should ask Kai what he said wrong and what his opinion was on this ring idea he had.

><><><

Word Count: 1184