|22|

- Dior -

I held the brooding man in my arms as he sniffled quietly every few minutes or so, gripping onto him tighter each time he did. I've never seen him so vulnerable in the time I've known him. My heart ached for him when his parents showed up coincidentally. 

Though I don't know the details of everything, I know enough to understand that they completely broke him, and seeing them again isn't something to be taken lightly. 

Today was absolutely perfect until they turned up. 

I can tell he wanted to keep up the strong facade for me, but he couldn't. 

His emotions had been bubbling up, and today was the day it all errupted. 

Some may say he's overdramatic, or unmanly for crying over his parents, but I call that rubbish. Crying doesn't make anyone less of a man, it makes us human, and anyone who thinks overwise has problems. 

His big hands clutched onto my waist tightly, to the point where I think it'll leave a mark, but I didn't care one bit. I just want to make him feel better. His stubble was tickling my chest, where his rested his head and his tear stained cheek left a small part of my dress damp. He had stopped crying soon after he started, but neither of us wanted to let go, happily embracing in each others arms and enjoying the solice moment. 

He looked up at me, his long eyelashes glistening with moisture as a small smile played on his lips. He rubbed my waist with his thumb slowly as he pressed a quick kiss on my nose. 

"Thank you."

He mumbled under his breath, making me smile. 

"No need to thank me Luci. Are you ready to talk, or should we leave it for another time?"

He took a deep sigh before answering me. 

"I just don't understand why this had to happen today. It was supposed to be perfect for you, but it was ruined," he spoke sadly, playing with the ends of my hair as I sat and listened. 

"It wasn't ruined, I couldn't have asked for a better first date. Nothing is your fault," I reassured him. 

There was a slight pause in which neither of us said anything. 

"I adore you, you know that?" he spoke smoothly in his deep voice, smiling at me lovingly. 

I blushed at his words of affection, leaning my head against his chest.

"I know," I breathed out, making him chuckle. 

"I saw Niccolo the other day."

He said, but I already figured so from the conversation with his parents. 

"Ran into him the night I got fired, and we met up the day I was rehired."

"What did he tell you?"

"He says that everyone misses me and regrets what they did, typical bullshit," he spat out the last part, causing me to hug him even tighter. "I was bound to see them again at one point, I just didn't want it to be tonight."

"Are you willing to give them a chance?"

He cleared his throat, holding my face in his hands and rubbing my cheek with his thumb, he does that out of habit. 

"No."

Fair enough. 

What happened to him isn't something that can be easily forgotten or forgiven, so I'm not surprised that he doesn't want to see them ever again, even if what they are claiming is true.