I looked at Eve. "Good Morning. Wait" I glanced at the clock that said 12:13. "Or good afternoon?" I said and kissed her forehead. "I guess I'm meeting your uncle today." I nervously laughed. "I should get ready. I'll see you later," I said and walked out the room. I always tried talking to her as if she wasn't in a coma. It made things less saddening.

Jordyn and Ryan set me up with a guest room. Not that I use it or anything. That's just where I change and keep my stuff. I sleep in the chair by Eve's bed.

I walked into the room and grabbed a fluffy towel. I took a quick shower and looked for clothes. I settled on a blue-grey button up and black jeans. I tucked in the shirt and put on my black belt.

I walked out the room and towards Eve's room. Not her bedroom, just the hospital room. I walked in and saw someone sobbing by Eve's bedside.

"Jordyn?" I asked. Her head snapped up to me and she quickly wiped her tears with the back of her hands. "Sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt. I'll be outside." I started closing the door when Jordyn stopped me.

"No," she said. Jordyn motioned for me to come in. I slowly made my way to my usual seat and sat down. "You don't have to be sorry. And you didn't interrupt anything. I'm just an emotional wreck." She gave me a sheepish smile.

"Well you are pregnant" I pointed out. Her mouth twitched upwards. "What are you naming her?" I asked. Matthew told me that his cousin is going to be a girl. He's smart for a little boy.

"Elise" she answered. Her tone said that the name had some importance, but I didn't ask.

"Beautiful name" I complimented.

Jordyn nodded. "It was the Queen's. She was supposed to be the godmother" I was right! A few tears streamed down her face.

I felt the need to keep her mind off of her friend. "When's she due?" I inquired.

"In two weeks" She rubbed her belly and smiled. "What are you all dressed up for?" she questioned when she looked up at me.

"Um... I'm meeting my mate's uncle... who may or may not want to kill me" I nervously rubbed my neck. Jordyn laughed so hard, tears began to fall from her eyes. She suddenly stopped. "What's wrong?" I asked as I rushed up to her.

Her face broke out into a smile. "She's kicking" Jordyn said as she held her stomach. She grabbed one of my hands and placed it on her stomach. I felt a small movement. Like someone poked my hand.

"Wow," I breathed out in awe. I pulled my hand away from her stomach. "That's amazing," I said honestly. She nodded in agreement before she started laughing again. "Why do you keep laughing?" I questioned.

She let out one last giggle before answering. "You're afraid of Isaac wanting to hurt you?" she asked in complete disbelief.

I nodded. "Whenever I dated someone, their fathers and uncles threatened me. Like a lot" I admitted. I didn't date that many people. But the few girls I did date had very protective male relatives.

"Don't worry about Isaac. I think you can take him" she smirked. I felt like I was missing part of a story, but I didn't asked about it.

*****

Jordyn left a while after Matthew came in. Now him and I were sitting down and playing cards. "Do you have a five?" I questioned.

Matthew shook his head. Liar. "Go fish" he said. There wasn't even cards left. There was just my card and his card. So they had to be a pair! I played along and dramatically sighed. "Do you have a... um... a five?" Matthew asked.

I faked a pout as I handed him my card. "That's not fair! You cheated!" I exclaimed childishly.

"Did not!" he argued.