Chapter 4 - A plan

Previously...

When he opened his eyes again, the first thing he saw was a sharp light hitting his eyes, forcing him to close them. Slowly, he opened his eyes and adjusted them to the light.

(Y/n): "Ugh... where am I? I-"

He stopped when he felt pain all over his body, but not as much as before. His neck feels dry as he couldn't mutter a single word out.

Looking around, he could see that he was in a patience room. Someone must have saved him when he fired the last flare gun he had.

Suddenly, the door opened, making turned his attention as he saw...

***

When the two figures saw (Y/n) was awake and stared at them, one of them dropped the plate that they were holding. The plate hit harshly on the ground as whatever was on it fell down with it.

When (Y/n) tries to ask them who they were, his voice was hoarse as he coughed slightly, feeling sore on his neck. When Vestal saw this, she immediately went to get a glass of water.

Meanwhile, Enterprise started to walk towards the male, who was a little tired despite having been asleep for an unknown amount of time, and carefully touched his face. When her hands reached his cheeks, she could feel the warmth behind them, making her smile as tears started to form under her eyes.

Confused by why the white-haired female started to cry in front of him, (Y/n) didn't know what to do as he felt a slight headache. Holding his right hand on top of his head, he groaned in pain.

When Enterprise heard this, she immediately stopped what she was doing and wiped her tears off; as much as she was emotionally right now, she can't forget to check his current state and make sure everything was okay.

Suddenly, the door was slammed opened, starling the two as Vestal entered with a glass of water in her hand. She walked over to (Y/n), who stared at her weirdly, not knowing why there was a nurse in a nun outfit.

Vestal: "Please take this. I've made sure to put some painkillers in."

He didn't hesitate and accepted the drink. There were, for some unknown reason, that made him trust the two. It was as if he knew them before, even though this was the first time they've met. Realizing that it was the same with Amagi, he couldn't help but feel a sense of deja vu.

(Y/n): 'Where have I seen them before? I can't remember...'

By now, the medicine started to kick in as he felt less headache on his head. In addition, his body felt less painful to move, which was a relief since that means he's able to perform more movements now.

Looking at the two females in front of him, the first thing he asked them was:

(Y/n): "...D-Do I know you two?"

Vestal: "Yes, but not in this form. This might shock you, but we are actually warships with a human body. I am USS Vestal, first of Vestal-class repair ship, and a member of Eagle Union, who's in alliance with Azur Lane."

This shocked the black-haired male a bit, as he couldn't almost believe what he just heard. Of course, he wouldn't have believed it if it weren't for those 'people' mentioning about 'ship girls' in front of him.

Enterprise: "And I'm USS Enterprise, second of Yorktown-class aircraft carrier. Also a member of Eagle Union and Azur Lane."

When the second girl told him her name, (Y/n) was stunned to the core as his heart stopped beating for a second. He stared at Enterprise with two widen eyes and a shocked expression.