Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Somewhere on an island, inside a forest full of life, near the beach on the west, a round purple portal appeared out of nowhere. Scaring all the nearby animals, causing them to flee from the area.

Suddenly, something came out from the portal, falling down to the ground with a thud! Looking closer, the thing that came out was a humanoid, looking like what a human would look like.

The humanoid figure's appearance could be described as horrendous. Injuries were found everywhere on their body, some parts still bleeding as the ground below was slowly painted in crimson blood. In addition, there were some holes and burn marks on some parts of the figure; the cause of it is unknown.

Slowly but surely, the figure's body starts to move as they groan in pain, barely able to move around with difficulties.

???: 'Damn it... w-where am I-I...?'

When they opened their eyes, all they could see was trees surrounding them. The forest around them was so dense that barely any sunlight managed to hit the ground.

???: '...A forest? How did I end up-'

They groaned in pain when they tried to move their left leg. Turning around, they could see how bad their injuries were; they could see that their left leg was in bad condition as almost half of it had burnt marks with blood spewing from it.

A jolt of pain made them start to shake as their chest started to feel heavy for an unknown reason.

???: 'It hurts... it hurts... it hurts... I feel like I'm being burned alive. It's hot. I want to live, but can I really survive this one?'

Turning themselves upside down, so their front faces the sky, it's revealed that the figure was a human with blue eyes and dark hair. His expression was filled with pain as a small tear appeared from his eyes before dropping to the ground, only to vanish in the vast pool of blood.

At that moment, (Y/n) was almost ready to give up on his life. He saw little to no hope for him to survive with his current conditions. He cried out in anger and sorrow. Anger for the one that caused him to be in this state and sadness for all the regrets that he wanted to fix but couldn't now.

As his life flashed before him, a single memory appeared clearer than any others. It made him remember something that gave him a little more hope to survive.

(Y/n): 'The flare gun!'

A realization suddenly hit him as with what little strength he had left, he searched through his pockets and found it.

(Y/n): 'There's still ammo... Good.'

Slowly and shakingly, he pointed the gun towards the sky. Then, before firing the shot, he prayed.

(Y/n): 'If there's a God out there, please... save me.'

With that, (Y/n) pressed the trigger as a single ball of light flew toward the sky, shining brightly with what hope the young man had left.

(Y/n): 'I guess the next time I wake up decides if I've died or not...'

He was hit by a feeling of tiredness, forcing him to close his eyes with little to no resistance at all as he had no energy left to fight against it. For all he knows, his life would hang on a single flare gun.

***

Somewhere in the middle of the pacific ocean, a group of what seemed to be girls with ship-like riggings was sailing back to their base. Among them were Laffey, Phoenix, Helena as vanguard. Behind them were Saratoga, Independence, and Arizona, acting as the main fleet.