51

:)

"To be honest dear, I have no problem with you coming to visit. I know we had a rocky relationship when you were growing up, but you know I love you no matter what."

Karl's mother could be heard through the phone's speaker. Rosie sat there quietly next to Karl as he converses with his mother.

The plans to go see his parents in the upstate of Carolina seemed to be going smoothly, not until his dad was brought up.

This making the brunet wince quietly, she gave Karl a reassuring smile. In which he gave her one back, butterflies still erupting in his stomach.

He quickly dismissed the butterflies, going back to their conversation.

"Your dad would be very surprised if you came and visit. He would love to meet your amazing girl-"

"Fiancée, mom. Fiancée." He corrected, grabbing Rosie's hand and lightly kissing her knuckles.

"Oh, yes dear, I forgot. Sorry. But coming back, me and your dad would love to have you come and visit! I can't wait to see you guys and my amazing grandchildren!" She cheerfully spoke, making Karl roll his eyes.

"Yeah mom, it's going to be fantastic! We'll be arriving there in about three days. I still have work and Rosie still has a photoshoot to do with us. See you then, bye."

"Okay! Bye, love-" His finger pressed the end call button, no regret flooding through his mind. Just a tired sigh.

"Well, on the bright side, she wants to meet me and the kids." Rosie gave a small smile, glancing at Karl, only to receive a pist off glance.

He flopped back down on their shared bed, groaning in annoyance.

"I know, it's just that... Yeah. I'm just worried about my dad. He's an asshole, to be honest, and I don't want you and the kids to be there when he has one of his moments." He spat, getting up.

He went to go pick up Oliver, the baby babbling to him. He smiled cradling his six-month-old, knowing that he was so lucky. Oliver giggled as Karl nudged at his stomach.

"But we have to do this either way. Let's just forget about this, we have more important things to take care of. Huh, Oli? Huh lil buddy, me and you gotta take care of your sister and your mom."
His smile growing as he babied Oliver, Oliver just giggling in response.

Rosie smiled, getting up and grabbing her camera. The light flickers, capturing the beautiful smiles. Oliver's attention caught on the snap that came from the shutter of the camera, causing him to reach out for Rosie.

She smiled, placing down the heavy object back into her carry bag. Going back to pick up Isabella, who had just woken up.

"You know, Bella looks just like you. She's got your cute nose and your eyes." Rosie points out, booping Karl and Bella's nose.

"You think so? I don't know, but I do know Oliver's got his mom's pretty eyes. Dark brown for sure." He points out, his eyes crinkling with his wide smile.

Rosie places Bella on their bed, Bella slowly going back to sleep.

They both smile, loving the idea of just being in each other's presence. Having the feel of being together no matter what situation they are in.

"You know, I don't care what my dad and mom think of you. They're nimrods if they think bad of you otherwise." He states putting down Oliver on their shared bed.