Edge Of Insanity (Backrooms Level 3999)

"Twelve divided by three, plus seventeen, minus twelve, times one." She turned ominously to you, sending you the chills, and not the good ones. 'For fucks sake let me out you fucking dumbass! Fuck, just let's do this. Twelve and three.. Four, plus seventeen.. Twenty one..Minus twelve is nine.Times one.. Nine. Nine! "Nine." Shivering a bit as you reply to the question she said. She tapped the chalkboard as she gave you your chalk back. A faint bell was heard from the hallways outside as you wrote the nine, the doors locked though. This has been going on for at least an hour. The curves of her mouth went upward, you sigh in relief as you get ready for the next one. "Three plus seven. Minus three times two." Three plus seven, ten minus three is seven then two times seven. Fourteen. "Fourteen." You wrote confidently. Your face was sweating beads as you stared at the chalkboard, waiting for her answer. Your confidence went crashing down, hope is lost. 'Shit shit. Mother of fuck, fucker-' "Incorrect." Fearing what was next, Room grew darker, closing your eyes and jumped when a voice came by " My name is

Mr. Crehts, you are only to refer to me as Principle. Let's do our lesson now." Robotically spoke and turned his back, you on the other hand are quickly examining the room, fastly, you see a door. 'I could.. Leave from there but he'll probably catch me, then rip me to shreds.. Fuck it.' Your eyes linger at the door for a few minutes- "Don't think about it, miss Y/n." He harshly scolded you as you brought your hands up to your mouth and chewed on your nails. "Sorry.." Glaring at you, he turned back as he resumed his lesson. But looking back at you every few seconds. Fifteen minutes. Half an hour. Hour. You could feel the atmosphere getting unkind every minute, and you could definitely guess who it was coming from. You made up your mind. If you wanted to survive you could only do an incredibly risky move. If you were very very very, very lucky, you could escape. You stared at his lifeless eyes, slightly glaring at the thought of how many lives he could've taken. Turned back- go.go.go! You stood up as you threw a desk at him as he swiftly locked his eyes with you, the bloodshot eyes and you remembered your goal. You froze for a moment, as he rises rapidly, and is ready to sprint as you bolted out of the classroom, eyes locked in the classroom door. run run run. "Y/N! COME BACK OR THE CONSEQUENCES WILL BE WORSE!"

As you see him dart at you, adrenaline is stronger than ever, as you wheeze your lungs out, You observe as you turn to see your destination- 'light. Okay, that could work, I could possibly be transported to another level, this is hell, and I can escape it. God thank you so muc-' you fall unconscious. Your head hurts like a fucker as you wake up, just like a good night's sleep and there you are vision blurry, knees are weak, palms sweating beads, as you see dots of light but it's coming clearer.

"Oyuyo u okyokay?" you hear,faintly, and messed up, ringing was getting higher . You don't trust it. Do not. You just want to go back to the mother's home earth. The Frontrooms. For all you know, it could be a trap. "FUCK! GET OFF OF ME!" You slapped the hand, or whatever as you yell as you felt someone , or something touched your shoulder. Visions were coming back, hearing was getting normal and not high pitched. You looked at the entity... Human? Still. Could. Be. A. Trick. For all you know. You stood up, walked in the other direction, or tried to, and fell first face down. "Jesus! Are you okay?" "Mmmmaafffffffrrrrrrrfffffaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. I fink I cracked m nosee.." You sat up in a criss cross position, half lidded eyes, touched below your nose to feel nothing running down, good. I'm not bleeding. "Christ you okay?" you see a guard, brown haired, fair white skin, looks in his 20s? or what it looks like, giving you a hand and you hesitantly take it. "Follow me miss, I'll help you." "I don't know if you are real or not." "What?" He turned back. "You may, or something. I don't know. You may be a trap or.." You shrugged, pondering why you were talking to him if you thought he was a trap. "Ma'am, I understand that you went through a lot but I need you to come with me so please trust me." You shook your head, walking ahead him and the company of constant thoughts about what it could be. After a 3 minute or so walk, you look at a cafe. It looks like an airport cafe, but oh god did you fall down in relief and sobbed, the man squatted and patted you on the back, whispering but this time, not bad ones, comforting ones. "You can stay for some time, yeah? Freshen, freshen up and uh eat something, a real meal and not energy bars or drink almond water or... Stuff and. I'm not helping am I?" He chuckled nervously while looking at you. " I'm sorry just.. I don't need to worry and stuff. I'm- I'm sorry about what happened earlier and stuff. I just suffered from a lot of things." It seemed like an awkward conversation with a lot of filler words, but it's a genuine one, a real one you had in a long time. You doubted it's the end but, honestly, at least you finally had a place to stop for some time. He nodded in understanding. You noticed some people looking at you solemnly, your face turned in embarrassment as you stood up and wiped your tears, going up to the cashier. The man tagging along with you. You didn't really trust him but he was nice, I guess. You asked the person standing there about the food choices and they explained it to you, asking what you need. "Uh, two burgers, a large fry, and some soda?" "Which?" "Which what? Oh, uh coke. Thank you." They nodded and smiled, "We'll give the food at the table." You sit alone at a table. You smile as joy fills as you don't need to overthink about every noise you hear, every footstep that are cruel and killing you, every damaging them you hear from whispers. You can return to your real world, but it's not bad here too, but of course, you will go back to the Earth at some point.

"Tell me when you are ready, Y/n."