I shuffled his disheveled hair as an impish grin enveloped my face, prompting him to frown audibly on the abruptness of my gesture.

"Hey!" Aji stated aloud as his voice shrill, furrowing his brows upon fixing the strands of hair distracting in front of his face thoroughly, "Can you not mess with my hair!"

"But it's fun to do it randomly," I said, and began to chuckle as my shoulders shaked gradually.

"Argh! I'ma open your room's door again later," He menaced sternly, though it came off with derision, and peered his eyes, "Just so you wait, big sis!"

"Yeah . . . about that," I trailed off, and mused, giving him a look that conveys double meanings, "Don't even think about it again."

Arching a brow, I pursed a wry smile, inducing that I am not quite serious about it. Regardless, I hope he takes the cue of it, at least.

"I just thought of it," Aji said with an impish grin, uplifting his chin on the notion.

"I genuinely don't prefer my room's door to be left open for absolutely no reason," I stated, "If you do so, all I have to ask is why? Like - why even?"

"But it's fun to do it randomly," He replied, mocking the tone of my voice from a while ago thoroughly. Then, my eyes widened, rimming with incredulence as my brother threw back his head and let out a loud, humorless laugh.

Blinking slowly, once, then twice, I narrowed my eyes at him, and drew his attention gradually as he watched me approach him with my steps soft-treadedly - hastening after each second.

"Come here, you little-" I trailed off, and ought to reach out to grab him instantly, however his foot slipped outwards that prompted him to run with no delay, leaving my arms dumbfounded in the air.

"Haha! See you at home!" Aji bidded aloud, not a cue to be given that he'll be hindering his running steps further away.

Furrowing my brows confoundedly, I scratched my cheeks as a thought commenced in my mind; where on Earth is he even going for goodness sake-?

"Hey! Home's this way!" I called out, pointing my finger behind me as my eyes peered towards his direction whether I had drawn his attention or not, namely the long distance he and I were in.

To my despondency, he runs with a lack of remorse, unheard of my remarks.

Rolling my lips inwards, my eyes trembled before heaving a wavering sigh, "I'm not getting paid enough for this," I mumbled, barely audible for myself to perceive only. My lips twitched upwards with an unknowing impulsiveness. Genuine yet derisively, shaking my head.

Kids, really . . .

Grabbing a tight hold of his sports bag over my shoulder, I promptly followed him, wherever my brother had reached out.

On Friday night.

My heart beats as it palpitates my blood through my veins. The blood rushes to the tips of my fingers, the pulse coming in hot waves that cause everything else to pulse.

The booming was furious and incessant. It was my heart, which seemed to swell into a mallet and swing against my rib cage, a drum full of grimes that might burst at any moment.

It's the racing, intrusive, and unwanted thoughts.

In the serenade of the night, merely the stars and the moon brought an array of luminosity from the window to my room. Coiling my arms, I pulled the blanket over my fatigue body. With drowsy eyes, they linger over the clock; silence ever so interwoven that I could merely perceive the sharp, ticking noises of it. The minute and hour hand leisurely rotating from 4 . . .